Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Citron and something new :)




While my Citron has received tons of attention during the past week, my mobius, not forgotten by any means, has been set aside to allow my fingers to enjoy the silkiness of Euro Yarns Maharashtra Silk -- knitting bliss! The something new is a gift that will have to remain secret, although I am giving you a peek in the photo above. Plymouth Yarn's baby alpaca is heavenly to work with. What is it about the feeling of yarn running through my fingers?

The bookmark in my copy of Douglas Bond's Betrayal hasn't moved much since last Wednesday. I did manage to get an autograph over the weekend during our church conference. :)   Mr. Bond is a great guy, funny, and easy to talk to -- I'd love to go on one of his history tours some day and especially his Scotland tour! In fact, one of his sessions was on John Knox and the Reformation in Scotland which made us look forward even more to our visit late next spring or early summer, Lord willing, of course!! But I digress. :)

Before I sign off, I have to share a rather special book written by a young friend of mine:



A budding author and entrepreneur! How could I deny him the 50 cents he was asking for this first edition copy of his short stories?

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

32 comments:

  1. What you are working on looks lovely!!! But I think I like the raspberry one the best!! God bless

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly :) I'm enjoying the raspberry one best, too (but what could be better than knitting with silk yarn?!)

      Delete
  2. Both your projects are in such great colours, the brown looks so soft!
    Hope you're enjoying the short stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delightful stories by a sweet young man who I hear has already penned volume II :)

      Delete
  3. You may have invested 50 cents in a future best seller!!!! How sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! How exciting would it be to own this if he does become a famous author one day!!

      Delete
  4. 50 cents is quite the deal. I don't know how you could say no to that. I'm loving your Citron. Such great colors. That would be wonderful if you got to Scotland Lisa. I hear it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! It really would be wonderful if I get to go to Scotland!!! Skyping with my daughter is great, but seeing the countryside with her would be even greater. :)

      Delete
  5. Your citron is going to be gorgeous! Excellent deal for some short stories! A budding Author. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Not only is he a budding author, but also a budding entrepreneur! :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely knitting and obviously a fabulous new book from an aspiring young author :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caroline, for the kind words. :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful yarn! I can't wait to see your finished items!
    Fifty cents is a steal! I love reading short stories, especially from up-and-coming writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Erica! :)

      Delete
  8. 50 cents is a steal for some good writing :) love that you are jumping to new projects, I think it's that time of year and I'm excited about that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I'm jumping to new projects, too!! Now I just think that I have too many...sigh. :)

      Delete
  9. I like the way your knitting looks, soft and loose. I am trying to loosen up my knitting instead of holding it so tight. I'm getting there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to knit super tight, but that's changed entirely over the years...you'll get there! :)

      Delete
  10. how fun! glad for all the goodness in your life and the fun knits too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth!! :)

      Delete
  11. Pretty knitting! How sweet to purchase his stories. He has poured himself into them, I'm quite sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! And he's already published volume #2!!

      Delete
  12. 50 Cents is an amazing price for reading, what a great deal.
    There really is something amazing about yarn running through your fingers isn't there? Also the smell of yarn fumes is pretty amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you've enjoyed lots of knitting time this week, Tracey. :) It's rainy here again which means chicken soup, fire in the woodstove, and my needles! Bliss!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful yarn colors--fallish. 50 cents for a book, he will be on the NYT best seller very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't doubt my author friend's potential for one moment! I'll bet he WILL be on that NYT bestseller list one day!

      Delete
  14. Ooh both projects look lovely, and I think you got a great deal on the book! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How great that those two projects use such different colour yarns. Must make it easier to keep your mind on the project in hand. The 50c book deal made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I think the longer I knit, the better the difference in yarns and colors and projects. My Citron is being knit with a fine silk, while the brown is an aran weight! I like the contrast between slow and steady progress and the speed with which the brown is knitting up!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...