Friday, October 16, 2015

I'm so glad...

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
~L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables








This October week was simply gorgeous. :)

Our vine maples continue to put on their show, while our tulip tree has dropped just about every one of its leaves. Have I mentioned this is my favorite tree? We had a massive one that bloomed every summer at our old house in town, and I adored that tree, so Dan and the kids planted a sapling for me at the bottom of our front lawn when we moved here. They do grow quickly -- I'm amazed at how tall ours is already, and I'm patiently waiting for the blooms which, I've read, won't appear until the tree is about 15 years old (five more years...).

The weather has been mild. Sunny days in the low to mid 70s have been a boon to my green tomatoes which, rather than pulling, I opted to leave in the ground. Still havesting and making sauce every couple days. :)

The pumpkin patch beanies my dear friend requested for her grandbabies are finally done. Together with the two I knit for last week's baby shower and the two I knit for Charlotte and Linnea, I finished a total of eight over the past few weeks. Although a labor of love, as you can imagine, I was happy to pick my mobius back up and will enjoy working with colors other than orange for a while...

Soup season has arrived! Ham and white bean soup with garlic cheddar biscuits made for a yummy dinner with enough leftover for lunch this week.

This week included:
  • Lots of bookkeeping
  • A trip to the post office to send the previously mentioned pumpkin beanies to my dear friend in Everett as well as a care package to my dear daughter in Scotland.
  • Prepping for and leading our every-other-week humanities co-op on Wednesday
  • Starting a new batch of water kefir
  • Having fun over on IG (I'm DoleValleyGirl)!
  • Figuring out (playing with) my new smartphone :)


Have I mentioned that our new flock has finally started laying?!?! Love the sight of those first wee eggs!

Tonight my Anna is having a few friends over to celebrate her 15th birthday! Pizza, movies, popcorn, and lots of teenage chatter and laughter will fill our evening...will share all about it on Monday, Lord willing. :)

A happy October weekend to you,

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

11 comments:

  1. oh whenever I pass a tulip leaf (and there are many) I think of you :) :) I do love that tree as well, I think mostly the bark details. Who knew I would love trees so? Sounds like a lovely week Lisa and I hope your weekend is better than ever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, Karen. :) A happy weekend to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Have fun at the slumber party!
    Oh, those are the cutest pumpkin hats I have ever seen! I love them!
    You sound happy! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive feedback on my beanies! They are fun to make especially when they're for my granddaughters. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to both of you! I can't think about my oldest turning 15, she'll be 11 in December and I'm having trouble with that.
    This has been a stunning Autumn, hasn't it? I love seeing this season through the eyes of my friends.
    Adorable pumpkin hats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dqrcel...treasure every moment! Time flies...
      I love what you said, "seeing this season through the eyes of my friends."
      Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  4. You had such a great week Lisa and that makes me smile. Enjoy a beautiful weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great week...and we shared the same quote, too!
      So much to be thankful for. :)

      Delete
  5. a lot of blessings here! so glad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I have been smiled upon, and I am thankful to Him from Whom all blessings flow. :)

      Delete
  6. this has been one of our very prettiest autumns, too.....makes my heart sing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...