Tuesday, October 6, 2015

tending my yarn garden...



I finished last week's book on Friday and have to say I was glad I read To Kill a Mockingbird first. So many opinions about Go Set a Watchman -- seems people either loved it or hated it. Me? I liked it. Having read several reviews on Goodreads prior to beginning, I knew what I was in for and was hesitant, but having finished it, I'd love to know what happened next, how things all sorted out. But, since there isn't more, I'm moving on to a little Reformation history about John Calvin. We're studying Christendom this year in our humanities class, and Reformation Day is coming at the end of the month, so it seemed like a good time to pull this one off the shelf.

Knitting is still the mobius and a few baby shower gifts that need to be finished by Thursday night (Ravelry). Hopefully, I'll have something new to share next week. :)

What's on your needles? Any good book recommendations?

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

11 comments:

  1. beautiful yarn you have there! For now I'm not reading the book but I have been known to change my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn for your cowl is so pretty. It reminds me of yarn I used for my favorite cowl. I haven't been able to get hooked on a good book lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you review of Go Set the Watchman. I haven't gotten into it yet, a little nervous after reading not so great reviews.
    Your yarn color is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with the rest of the group, I haven't read Go Set the Watchman either and can't decide if I will or not.
    I'm reading The House We Grew Up In, not sure if I like it or not , I am 65 % done so I better hurry up and make up my mind :)
    Thank you for the thoughtful email. So far we are okay here, but Columbia is a mess. Now I hear more rain this weekend, oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "To Kill a Mockingbird" is one of my favorite books, but I think I'll still reread it before reading "Go Set a Watchman". I have not heard of the Douglas Bond book you're reading, so I'll have to check it out. Hope you're able to get your knits completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked it, too.....have to remember the time in which it was written. Need to pick up that book..thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've read To Kill a Mockingbird. I really should put that right. I love the colour of your yarn. Seems to go well with a reformation novel, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the first few pages of the new H. L. book and have not picked it up since... hope you have a good weekend! you always have so much on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your knitting looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yarn is such a pretty color! I really should re read To Kill a Mockingbird and then I may have a bit more interest in Go Set A watchman but for now it is not really on my list because of that. I'm glad you liked it though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that phrase 'yarn garden' - I may have to use that in future! Gorgeous yarn colour :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...