Tuesday, October 13, 2015

tending my yarn garden...



Now that I'm finished knitting pumpkin beanies, I'm happily focused on my mobius. A tidy-up of my project corner led to the discovery/reminder of my citron and my Brennan, both of which have been sorely neglected. Two secret projects are in the works, neither of which I can share since they're both for Christmas (which means it will be a while before I can do a reveal). Praying for slow days that lend themselves well to knitting!

The latest Mother Earth arrived and caught my attention...small space fruit trees? See, you didn't even have to have a subscription. :)  I'm planning to try this method just because of the novelty of it!

Other reading includes The Betrayal by Douglas Bond, The Song of Roland translated by Dorothy Sayers (a read for our humanities class), and, of course, my Bible.

The leaves? The back porch is littered with them. I love fall. And October. :)

Happy knitting!

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

19 comments:

  1. Lisa, I have three small fruit trees, a pear, apple and apricot. They are all planted in big big pots and we did have two pears last year! It's worth doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Hope you have even more success next year!

      Delete
  2. I love fall and october as well, it might be the best month ever :) However I love winter as well...lovely knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine a knitter loving fall and winter :)

      Delete
  3. I hope more people that have smaller spaces read this article and plant trees, how wonderful that would be!
    I do hope you have lots and lots of knitting time. I was working on my knit list and realized I may need to scale back, I always have such big dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! We have plenty of room, but I want to try it nonetheless. :)
      My knitting dreams are always far bigger than my reality...

      Delete
  4. I sent that article to my husband. I would love to have some small fruit trees in our little yard. You and I are praying for the same thing - peaceful knitting time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Donna, I hope you do try this and have lots of success!

      Delete
  5. I used to have a subscription to that magazine. I should buy it and read that article. We have two dwarf fruit trees and space for one more to replace the dying apple tree. I'm not sure what to plant.. We didn't get any fruit this year due to our crazy spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just click the link, it will take you right to the article! Sorry about your apple tree. We have 3 semi dwarf pear trees and 3 semi dwarf apple trees. We've only had fruit on one of the apple trees, but I'm hopeful for next year. :)

      Delete
  6. citron!!! one of my favorite shawl patterns....e-v-e-r!!!! :) Enjoy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get a yarn bowl! It would be super handy for small projects like sock and hat knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should! :) I love mine, so many to choose from on Etsy.

      Delete
  8. Hi Lisa! Your mobius looks good!
    For my book club next week we read the Gospel of John, so I can't wait to discuss.
    Here's to some happy knitting time!
    Oh, the watercolors on my blog are from an app called Waterlogue. It makes your photographs into watercolors. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I'll have to check it out. :)

      Delete
  9. That yarn looks so yummy! I don't have a yarn bowl, do you really find it useful? Might need to find one for myself hehe.
    I am really enjoying all the pictures on your blog, very beautiful and inspiring.
    Alpaca hugs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only is my yarn bowl useful, it looks pretty on my table. :)

      Delete
  10. It's nice to get the cozy time to knit, isn't it? I'm looking forward to some of that myself. I look forward to seeing your Christmas knits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...