Tuesday, October 20, 2015

tending my yarn garden :)





Sipping my favorite tea and still reading The Betrayal. Still knitting on my mobius.

(Btw, if you're local, please join us this weekend for our church's annual Heritage Weekend conference -- it's free and details can be found here! This year's speaker is none other than the author of my current read, Douglas Bond!)

I did finish several wee bonnets for upcoming baby showers and need only to block them and sew on buttons after which they'll be tucked away for gift giving. :)

Loving the photo my friend sent me of her new granddaughter wearing one of my pumpkin patch beanies! She's so precious!!

About the tea quote, I loved Ginny's recent post and what her grandpa had to say about life and then the "big surprise." The Christian life is indeed best lived in a state of hopeful anticipation!

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

27 comments:

  1. love the tea quote :) that baby is precious and what a nice hat to be wearing!! You are generous and loving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! It really is a treat to receive a pic of someone wearing one of my hand-knits...especially when that someone is a cute wee babe! :)

      Delete
  2. what a precious baby pic!!! Have a great weekend retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the conference goes well! Lovely picture of baby wearing the hat you made. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The conference kicks off tonight with an event for the men; the main even begins tomorrow -- can't wait! Thanks for the sweet commment, my friend. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, such an adorable picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing so sweet as a newborn babe!

      Delete
  5. That baby picture! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious is that! If I lived closer I would definitely come to that conference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3000 miles a little far? :)

      Delete
  7. Your conference sounds fun. I love the area where you live and my girls beg to go back! Too bad it's just a wee bit farther than we can manage at the moment! I just love that baby picture -so sweet- and I'm working so hard to see life like that tea bag quote again! It really is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad your family can't make it, Sarah. We do this every October, so maybe next year? You all would be welcome to stay with us if you do! Glad you enjoyed the quote. :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  9. Ohhh such a sweet photograph and your hat is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. :)

      Delete
  10. What a sweet little pumpkin! ;) Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pumpkin beanie is adorable!!! You are so talented :-) The arthritis in my wrists is acting up quite a bit these days, I don't know if knitting is in the plans for a while, even if I ever find time! So I'll just enjoy your projects instead :-)
    I finished my blog post...surprise! http://farmbeginnings.blogspot.com/2015/10/remodeling-resumesa-push-to-finish-line.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lori!

      Delete
  12. That is my favorite tea! That and Earl Grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, Earl Grey is quite good, and I do like English B'fast Tea quite a bit, but Good Earth remains my all time fave! :)

      Delete
  13. Sweetest little pumpkin hat! How fun for you to get to see it modeled! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It really was a treat to receive that photo from my friend. :)

      Delete
  14. I love it when people send me photos of them or their children in my knits! Have fun at the conference!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...