Monday, October 12, 2015

{weekending}








Errands on Friday that took me by gorgeous fall views that demanded the car be stopped -- notice how low our river is (we really do need more rain). Got the tires balanced and picked up a new phone at Costco. Enjoying the new camera to be sure, and I'm now in Instagram (DoleValleyGirl). :)

Saturday began with sunshine and humidity. Tomato picking led to sauce making. The afternoon brought blustery rain, so Anna and I settled ourselves on the sofa (me with my mobius) to watch a couple old episodes of Downton; she really is enjoying the costumes. Imagine my 15 year old being into clothing. :)  Dan and I closed the day by visiting the Moulton Falls Winery which is less than 15 minutes from home (and that's saying something...). Enjoyed the finest glass of cabernet I've had in some time.

Sunday was worship, fellowship, knitting -- the perfect Lord's day.

Happy Columbus Day!

Joining Karen :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

12 comments:

  1. sounds like a lovely weekend. :) have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. an absolutely stellar weekend!!! The colours!!! (love LOVE that barn shot!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! Isn't it amazing? We drive by that driveway everytime we go into town, and I knew I needed to stop and capture a photo to share a bit of the beauty of the Pacific Northwest! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the red tree you guys have up there! and also love what ever you are knitting that is orange. Very pretty color!! God bless

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Kelly! The orange is a pumpkin patch beanie...the sixth and final one I'm knitting this year!

      Delete
  4. That first photo is breathtaking! Love your knitting. Sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend.
    Glad your on instagram now...I love the gram ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darcel. :) So good to hear from you, my friend, and look forward to keeping up with you and your sweeties over on IG!

      Delete
  5. the knitting of your post!!! Love it immensely :) I love Downton, the costumes and the drama :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the drama, too, but I am quick with the fastforward button as well as the mute when watching with my Anna. :) Thanks for the kind words about my knitting, my friend!

      Delete
  6. Some day, Lisa, I WILL make it up to the Pac NW and I WILL come visit you! I think it shall be in October, and we need to visit that winery... ;-) Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori! Would LOVE to meet you in person and to have you come visit. And, yes, the winery. :) October 2016???
      Hope all is well with your Brian's farm...how are things? Email me at
      HappyinDoleValley@gmail.com if you have time, my friend :)
      xo Lisa

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...