Tuesday, November 17, 2015

tending my yarn garden...



After my whirlwind knitting last weekend...two Tiny Tea Leaves off the needles...I took a break due to those sore, achy shoulders and arms I complained about on Monday (thanks for all the sympathy, my friends!). Everytime I'd go to pick up my needles, my Anna would chime in with a Maaahhhhmm, and I'd sigh. With several projects calling my name on Sunday afternoon, I organized them, updated my Ravelry page, and then played Scrabble with Dan and the kids. Talk about will power. I didn't knit a single stitch. Monday was a stitchless day as well, but I did pick up my Starshower on Tuesday afternoon when all my work was finished. Hooray for busy hands!

I'm nearing the end of Come Rain or Come Shine which has been a delightful read...I'm getting in a few pages each night and almost don't want it to end. With Advent just around the corner, I'm trying to decide what to read next and am hoping for some suggestions. Something Christmasy? Any recommendations?

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

11 comments:

  1. usually for me a 48 hour break does the trick. However once I had to take a solid week, that was mentally painful....glad you are better and I love your knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear the break helped Lisa and now your hands are busy again.
    I'm not sure how to sit without my hands being busy so you are my super hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs. I bought it on my kindle a while ago and plan of starting it this week. I hate those days when I don't knit anything but I find my hands need the break sometimes. And you got so very much done last weekend Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so nice to come back after a little knitting break :-) Your yarn is such a pretty soft blue colour - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting ready to read "The Greatest Gift" during the Advent season by Ann Voskamp. I read just a few parts of it last year and also used her family Jesse tree devotional with our kids last year and loved it; so gospel focused and a good read for me! I plan to return to it. Love your Starshower, I am currently wearing Adama by the same designer - first thing I put on over my jammies every chilly morning because I love it so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are feeling better! I have had some neck/back issues lately...but that is from picking up my kids too much :-) That Starshower is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the aches and pains of knitting! Sometimes I have to take some time off, too, but I usually can't last longer than a few days before I start itching to pick up the needles again. Glad you are feeling better! I am looking at Ann Voskamp for this Advent. Love her writing and her heart! *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always like to read 100 dollar holiday at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That yarn has such great stitch definition! It just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes you have to take your time to heal...especially sore muscles :0( but now you are knitting again - yeah! mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. I takes break occasionally. Usually if I am tired and don't feel like making a gazillion mistakes and having to rip back...like I did the other night...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...