Monday, November 9, 2015

we rested...and now we work :)
{weekending}

warning...photo heavy post!










64 and sunny at the Oregon Coast on in November is a treat. It was windy, but the chill didn't keep me from going barefoot. What is it about dipping one's toes into the ocean? About feeling the wind whip through your hair?

Four days at the coast just didn't seem like enough. I'm not complaining, mind you; I simply wasn't ready for it to end...time away to unwind, to indulge in my knitting (this and this), to snuggle with my grandbabies, to get lost in Mitford, to breath in the crisp ocean air, to laugh with my teens and hang out with Jeff and his beautiful family. We dined here and here. We talked and laughed and watched movies. We connected.












Charlotte and I were the early risers and enjoyed special quiet time each morning by the fire, reading and chatting together. Sunday morning we opened the kitchen blinds and saw that a herd of elk (yes, a herd!) had stopped by for a snack...they were out back, and they were out front, too. A trophy deer head hangs in the beach house garage (which creeped her out big time), and upon seeing the elk, she exclaimed, "The deer came off the wall!" Her imagination and chatty nature just make me smile. :)

We stopped in Astoria for a bite and for coffee before heading home. Something about this picture of my youngest two... Hanging on for dear life because time flies.

~~~~~~~~~~

The thing about getaways is that they're just that, getaways...they end. And now it's Monday. The bookkeeping stack needs attention, an Etsy order (!!) needs to go out, the laundry needs to be started, and our humanities co-op is this Wednesday...all of which means time is slim and I won't likely have time to visit here until the weekend. I would call it the tyranny of the urgent, but it's really just the flip side of life's getaways: We work. Would our downtime be nearly as sweet without it?

Work while you work,
Play while you play,
This is the way to be happy each day...
(from Work, by Anonymous)

Thankful, happy, rested, and ready for work...sort of. :)

Joining Karen :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

15 comments:

  1. I love this kind of family vacations! WE had a lovely one last summer with my husband's parents and his sister and her family. So glad you had a relaxing, enjoyable time! Knitting and coffee are essential to a really great vacation, yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting and coffee...yes, indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. Vacations are wonderful...but when you return, yes, life awaits :0) a herd of elk? oh my goodness, that must have been surprising! so good to know that you enjoyed your time away ... mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear from you, dear Mari. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved each and every photo Lisa! I am thrilled that you had this getaway and know you made some special memories.
    I agree with you, no matter how cold toes must go in the water at the shore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your joy just oozes through this whole post!!! so glad it was such a great getaway!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy!! Exactly why I spent much of my Monday morning going through photos and posting...just had to before the moment slipped by.

      Delete
  5. I wish I was there, I could breathe that cool air and sit and knit with you!!! Lovely photos, of you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. Anytime you find yourself out this way...just saying. :)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful family memories! Looks like fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! That's one of my favorite beaches! We spent lots of time there with Young Life kids and with our family, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The northern Oregon Coast truly is a beautiful place...wish we could getaway more often!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a beautiful relaxing time. I love the quote you have at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...