Monday, December 14, 2015

making a list, checking it twice...


As I type, it is early Sunday morning. 6:05 to be exact. The house is quiet, the tree lights are on, and my mug is full! Soon enough everyone will be up and about wanting breakfast and getting ready for church. The kids' piano recital is this afternoon, so sandwiches need to be made for a hasty lunch in the car while driving there from church. I've been enjoying Ann Voskamp's Advent devotional, The Greatest Gift, each morning and want to share this gem from this morning's reading:

Joy is a function of gratitude, and gratitude is a function of perspective. 
You only begin to change your life when you being to change the way you see. 
~A. Voskamp

Being a task orientent, check-off-the-to-do-list gal, one of my weaknesses is failing to have a right perspective. This quote is one of the reasons I'm enjoying Ann's devotional so much -- she writes so often exactly what I need to read.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

So much for posting last night...now it's Monday morning, and with only 11 more sleeps 'til Christmas, I've been busy list making. I love list making, don't you? I have only three more gifts to pick up (doing that today!) and several still on the needles, but thankfully, the ones on the needles are all nearing completion. I received word from Jessica (my daughter in Scotland) that the first of two packages we sent has arrived!!


Did you like the tea cozy I shared last week? If you hurry, a new cocoa version has been released and is available for a limited time here for free -- hurry over and get yourself one! [and just so you know, I get nothing for sharing other than the fun of a free, fun, quick knit for you!]

Saturday was a slow, yet productive day with candle rolling and soap making and, of course, lots of knitting...all while listening to my favorite Christmas cd's. I made a pot of chicken stew which we enjoyed last night while watching Tim Allen's The Santa Clause. Silly, dated, but fun.

Sending wishes that these remaining days of Advent are merry and bright! I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, are you?

Joining Karen :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

6 comments:

  1. Good afternoon dear lady 🙂 Advent just like Christmas is a time of reflection for me. So much has happened this year, that I need to just commune with my Lord and rest in Him. I did start making some love tokens, but since I have to rest in between is slow going. But I think I'll have them done. Praying that I'll have he strength to do so. I just enjoy your cup cozy is just perfect to keep our hands from getting burned and the tea or coffee from getting cold.
    Enjoy your morning :0) love, mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, only eleven more days and I thought I was organised. EEK I had better get a riddle on. I would love to have a go at soap and candle making. The best kind of present. Good luck with the gift buying today.
    Happy days,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mug cozy is so cute!
    I like making dreamy lists better than "check it off" lists. Ha!
    Happy week and merry Christmas wishes, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your soul sister when it comes to making lists :) I thrive on them and I become much more productive with a list. I know I said last week I need to start that book and I haven't yet....but soon! I think it sounds like something I need and would love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a lover of checking tasks off that list. I'm thinking a white Christmas isn't possible this year (it rarely snows here in December) with the 70 degree temps we have been having. But that's OK. The cold will be here soon enough. Have a wonderful week Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am with the crowd on this one, and that doesn't happen often, but I do love my lists. I have been busy elving all day and finally took a break to take an extra walk outside, not for exercise, but to just enjoy the moment.
    I have one more gift to pick up and I'm waiting on an order to come in and then I'm done with the shopping. Now if I would just quit adding to my knitting list I could be done with that too.
    Enjoy the rest of the day my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...