Tuesday, December 29, 2015

tending my yarn garden...



Been enjoying reading through a new cookbook that the husband gifted to me and AnnaLynn for Christmas. Lots of yummy looking recipes fill the pages along with some nice photography which makes me eager to get busy in the kitchen. :)



Another Christmas gift I received was this knitting stitch collection -- so eager to dig in and learn something new!

The wee beanies above are the first two in an abundance of them that I hope will be flying off my needles as I stash-bust odds and ends of worsted yarn from previous projects. I'm not so good with coordinating colors, so I'm having fun with these and am happy with how the blue and brown one turned out.



Hard to believe but we've arrived at the final Yarn Along for 2015. I would have loved to have done a 2015 project and book recap, but instead I'm sharing the yarns I'll be working with in the coming weeks and months.

From left to right: a cowl, a mobius shawl, a cardigan, another cowl, a cowl/mitts combo, baby beanies, another shawl, a shrug, a beanie, and another beanie. I'm slowly updating my Ravelry project page; most of these are already listed as WIPs, but the bulk of them need to be updated. I'm really looking forward to some relaxed knitting time now that my holiday knitting is finished!

Here's to a happy and productive year of knitting in 2016!

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy exploring both of those wonderful books. New recipes and new stitches. What could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading cookbooks is kind of a hobby for me and the one you received looks wonderful!
    I do like the idea of setting out your yarns for the coming months and think I will have to do that in the near future.
    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely array of yarns and plans :) I want to plan out my knitting in the new year but after my son leaves. When I'm boo hooing that the house is empty;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a great knitter but always enjoy seeing such lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Setting up your yarns feels like setting up fabric also. Excellent to keep you on track :0) Happy New Year dear friend ... :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy browsing through cookbooks... I love the brown and blue combination on your hat!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brown and blue-what a great combination! Fantastic books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That is a really ambitious pile of projects!! (and the beanies turned out really really cute!!!!) Looks like you have a great 2016 ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that a lovely pile of yarn! I love those beanies - they are precious. Let me know how you like that cookbook. Yes, I did watch the Outlander miniseries. The first season was about the first book. I assume the second season will be about book number 2. The second series is supposed to start in April so I'm hoping to finish book 2 by then! I hope you and your family have a happy, healthy, and blessed New Year Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely hat, I like the simple design :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm what lovely yarn - planning is half the pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read cookbooks, too. Oh, I like the color combination of the blue and brown beanie. It looks like a fun pattern, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...