Wednesday, January 20, 2016

at the water's edge {yarn along}



Hello! Here I am for my weekly post!

On my needles is a humble cotton washcloth being knit on size 9 needles which seem huge. Several other projects are on the needles; feel free to take a peek over on my Ravelry. :)  My days have been filled with office work which leaves me little knitting or blogging time. I'm training my Anna to help with filing and other sundry office tasks which will eventually make running the office side of our electrical contracting business take less of my own time. I'm looking forward to the day when she can enter invoices into QBs for me. Until then, I'm counting my blessings and am thankful for an abundance of work! I am on IG (DoleValleyGirl) throughout the week if you want to see what I'm up to...

At the Water's Edge, having been borrowed from the library has moved to the top of my reading list as it will need to be returned soon. A page turner for sure, so finishing it by the due date shouldn't be a problem.  :)

What's on your needles this week? What are you reading?

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

19 comments:

  1. It makes it so much easier when you have a helper. We are putting everything in QB and it's quite an undertaking. I hope you get some knitting time for yourself real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. While I have big projects waiting in the wings, I'm working on beanies as they finish up quickly and aren't too difficult!

      Delete
  2. oh love Sara Gruen. glad to hear the book is good! I need to knit up some washclothes/dishclothes. I havent done that in such a long time and it sounds like such a nice thing to knit up alongside my harder projects! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided my morning knitting during our family devotions is going to be washcloths which should make for a nice stash of fresh washcloths to replace all my old ones!

      Delete
  3. I worked on dishcloths, too! That's usually what I knit.

    I did start learning the magic loop method and am trying some mitts.

    I also had the same book incentive a few weeks ago when I had looming due dates at the library! It gets them moved to the top of the stack. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to master the magic loop...on my list for this year!!

      Delete
  4. I am not a fan of paper work at all, but having someone to help always makes it easier.
    I have dishcloths in my bag for truck knitting, I gave away all the ones I knit for Christmas and I need a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truck knitting...I like that. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, yeah. I work with QB, too.
    I like your dishcloth and I am thinking about knitting a hand towel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QB really makes my job easier, but I just wish I didn't have to sit in front of a screen for so many hours!

      Delete
  6. I will have to look for that book. Hope you get all your paperwork out of the way so you can focus on the important stuff, knitting! Love the Inverness Mobius and the Rusty Grapes - what gorgeous yarn colours! Please share them when they are finished as I would love to see them! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Jayne. :)

      Delete
  7. gotta love that year-end paperwork!
    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love? Maybe not so much. Thankful? Indeed! God has been kind to bless us! :)

      Delete
  8. I was just thinking I really need a few dishcloths in my drawer to replace some tattered odd so I may be knitting some in the near future! I'm glad you will have some help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Row after row of mindless garter stitch...so nice after working on fine lacy projects! Enjoy!

      Delete
  9. I thought I spied a dish cloth ;-) Very nice! (and ever so useful)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you get more knitting time and your helper works out, ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...