Tuesday, January 5, 2016

of beanies and books...



What a busy time I've had since last week! Catching up on work after the holidays filled my Monday and Tuesday, but the weekend was spent celebrating the arrival of 2016 with friends, painting our master bedroom and bath, and lots of wee beanie knitting. I've started a new book as you can see, and I'm inspired by what I'm reading. We live pretty far from church and town and most (all) of our friends and family, but I'm feeling like this could be a rather hospitible year if folks continue to be willing to drive out (and if gas prices stay low!). I'm also reading Bede's Ecclesiastical History of the English People  for our humanities class which is rather interesting.

In addition to all the beanies I've completed, I'm also working on a secret project from the stash I shared last week. AnnaLynn and I have been watching old Downtons trying to catch her up for season 6, but we are behind. Sigh. But it's all good since I can knit while watching. :)

What's on your needles and nightstand this week?

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

18 comments:

  1. nice collection of hats! we are in the same knitting mood it seems. I cannot wait to watch the sixth season, we are dvring it (well my husband is) and we have the pbs.org site in case we mess anything up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think traveling to see your lovely home will be a real treat and a memory to carry with you :) your beanies are just multiplying:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading Bede many moons ago. It was a small, dusty edition and I didn't make it very far. Maybe I should try again, with a newer version. You have been busy. Lots of warm heads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not even a whole week into the new year and look at your pile of FOs!!!! This is going to be one stellar knitting year for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would drive to your home if I could.
    I keep saying I'm going to watch Downton Abbey but I've yet to see an episode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some cute hats there, a whole gaggle! I had kind of written off Downton after about season two and lost interest but I suspect I will eventually pick back up. I love your project bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those beanies are adorable! I look forward to seeing what your secret project is :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love those hats. I had to do a quick catch up on Downton too before watching the new season. It did make for some great knitting time! I didn't change the blog but who knows what's going on with Blogger this morning. Have a great week Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many cute hats! great work...and great start to the new year! I love downton and watched the first couple seasons then for some reason stopped. not sure how, when or if I'll get back to it. I'm sure I will....but for now I'm screaming at the hub to turn the channel everytime he gets to PBS and its on..."I havent seen it yet...turn it...turn it!!" no spoilers please....hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable hats! Yay for spending time with friends, newly painted rooms, reading, knitting, and Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw such cute hats! I loved Downton, although the old ones were definitely the best, I may go back and rewatch it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A terrific collection of lovely hats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, those beanies are absolutely adorable! Love the colors and the pattern.
    Can you believe Downton is in its last season?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The beanies are just adorable!

    I don't think I've watched all the Downtons either, but I will go ahead and catch the new episode online if I have time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Venerable Bede is on my reading list this week, too. Love the beanies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Year, not week. Though, I may start it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a whole lot of pretty beanies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh I'd love to read Bede! Did he live on lindesfarne? I can't recall. I wonder how easy it is to find a copy! Off I go...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...