Wednesday, January 27, 2016

tending my yarn garden -- oh, deer!

As I stepped out the back door to take advantage of the daylight for my yarn along photo, I realized I was interrupting someone's late afternoon snack...oh, deer!







Face to Face has been such an encouraging read:
"Hospitality need not involve spending a great amount of money on a fancy meal, although a fancy meal certainly enhances it. It does not requre a nice home or a nice setting, although these are fine and pleasant things to have. The focus of hospitality is neither on the full table or the large room but on the open door. An open door is more than sufficient evidence that you have a godly concern for your friends, and that is better than any feast."
An open door...

How often do I hesitate to extend an invitation due to any variety of reasons? Too often. I really need to work on this. :)

My knitting has been all over the place. Quickie washcloths, a Steelers' beanie for my sister, new beanies for the granddaughters, and something new! That gorgeous walnut merino I picked up from Ginny is finally on the needles. I thought I was done with beanie knitting for a while, but I was wrong...

One more thing I just had to share with you is my new pencil/knitting tool holder -- my latest Goodwill find. And only 99 cents which is a great deal. :)

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

11 comments:

  1. It's so exciting to see my yarn on your needles! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn is lovely, and that knitting cup is darling! I was going to ask where you found it so I could get one. Was there another one at the store? I'd pay for it and for shipping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ranee, I so wish there was another one, but I picked it up at the goodwill and there was only one...I'll keep my eyes open for you! :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely colour your wool is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lucky find!! I'm jealous. I am amazed at how tame deer can be, mine stare me down all the time and snort at me instead of running. I think we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd appreciate this! :)

      Delete
  5. how fun! it's nice to have various things on the needles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just look at your awesome deer photo! I see tracks everywhere, but have yet to have the camera in hand when I need it.
    I have been finding dishcloth knitting quite soothing this week, perfect to pick up and put down as needed; I think I will be knitting a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of those pencil/gadget holders....and guess what? I paid more than 99 cents for mine!!!! (I still like it, though!) Love the Ginny-yarn!!! I'm hoping sometime to catch her yarn sale before it's all sold out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the deer! Love your pencil holder... I bought a coffee mug that looked like that at Michaels recently! enjoy drinking out of it immensely....

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori from Missouri1/28/2016

    Hi Lisa... rarely comment but always love your posts as I too am a book-lover and knitter. The last time you featured Wilkins book it really intrigued me because I collect hospitality books (written from Christian point of view)and had not seen that one. On Amazon it was quite pricey but I got one for only $3 shipped free through Abe Books... can't wait to begin reading it. There were others available in case your readers care to order also *-D Thanks for all the inspiration you share!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...