Tuesday, January 12, 2016

tending my yarn garden...




Seems the only thing I'm able to find time to blog about these days is my knitting and reading, and that only once each week. Sigh. Life is full of all things wonderful right now (like the Steelers' win on Saturday...), so that's ok. There just aren't enough hours in the day to attend to all the things I'd like to, so I'll be happy to sneak this post in and that will have to be that. :)

Knitting:  I was rushing to finish my dad's Steelers beanie (last week's secret knit!) on Friday morning before he arrived for a weekend visit and was unsure about adding the pompom, but when Anna and I saw a highschooler in Battle Ground wearing a sports-team beanie with a pompom, I figured if it's cool enough for a local highschooler, then my dad is certainly cool enough for a pompom!  In other knitting, I've just about wrapped up the reworking of my 1-2-3 baby beanie and hope to release the updated version in the next week or so, time permitting (anyone interested in a quick test knit for me?). Once that's done I'll be picking up my neglected mobius and cowl...

Reading: New to me this week is At the Water's Edge...I'm not even through chapter one and I'm hooked. Still reading Face to Face  and Bede and am also enjoying the Smicksburg Tales  series which is super light but uplifting and makes me want to start a knitting circle!

How about you? What's on your needles?

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

18 comments:

  1. I think that is such an adorable hat and your dad looks great wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could knit it for you probably if you still need someone....might not have time to buy yarn, but I'm sure I could pull something from the stash! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beanie! Pom poms seem to have made a revival - my teenagers ask for them on their beanies! All your reading sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing wrong with once a week, it's where you are in life! love the photo and the hat and go steelers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! That's a cute photo of you!
    AND that's a very nice pile of good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad like is wonderfully full my friend, it is here too.
    Yes, your Dad is way cool to wear a pompom, I wear one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. secret gifts are the best!!! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the beanie you made for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend is from PA and is a big Steelers fan. Very nice hat and I'm sure your dad will love it and more importantly, cherish it. I have a New Geneva, too! Glad to see it there peeking out of your book pile. AT WATER's EDGE is on my reading list so I will stay tuned to hear your thoughts, it sounds like it has already pulled you in. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, Rebecca! :)

      Delete
  10. My Bengals friends were so upset! I'm sure they'll get over it :)
    Love the hat and matching mug.
    I can't remember the last time I was able to sit down and read a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were excited about the win as well!! My husband's cousin is married to a Bengals fan, so I tried not to rub it in his face. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear virtual friend, I think that is the first time I've seen your photo. You are adorable! And so is the hat you knit. :-)

    I would love to knit up a beanie or two, as one of the girls' ballet teachers is having twins this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ranee! I'll get in touch with you...

      Delete
  13. That history by Bede sounds like it might be something like a set of history books I'm reading right now on the Christian history of England. It is slow going, and a portion of it is over-my-head, but I am grateful for the knowledge I am managing to get from it. I'm reading "Little Women" at bedtime and a story by Elizabeth Goudge on my kindle. I just finished D. E. Stevenson's "Celia's House" and was happy I found a story where I became fond of "most" of the characters and happy about "most" of their choices - before turning out the light.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...