Tuesday, February 16, 2016

a passion for...

Tea and an elegant new cup to drink it in. Yarn and hooks and needles and all the different stitches that can be created by twisting and looping with them. Bamboo knitting needles.



Seed catalogs and seeds and soil. Dirt under my fingernails. Growing my own food. Stitch after stitch of chevroned stockinette. Knitting for those I love.



Reading and learning and teaching and being taught. Prayer. Counting my blessings...counting it all grace. Seeing His merciful hand in it all.

The simple definition of the word passion courtesy of Merriam-Webster: a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something. What are your passions?

Reading:  Still reading everything I shared here except for Poisonwood which I have had to put on the shelf for now...I think I was a little too ambitious in my reading intentions. I've only a few chapters to go in Robin Hood which I'm listening to via Libravox. The others on my list are getting attention as I have time, and I'm ok with that.

Knitting:  My Cherub Wrap has seen lots of attention as it should since it needs to be ready for gifting this Sunday. I'll need to give it a bath and block it, so it needs to be off the needles by Friday...

Joining Ginny & looking forward to seeing what you've all been reading & knitting!

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

10 comments:

  1. poisonwood bible is a HUGE commitment :) lovely knits and I love your NEW mug,so fresh and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! I share so many of the same passions! We're receiving seed catalogs in the mail now as well, and I'm just loving that. Can't wait for an afternoon when I can sit down with the catalog and start planning and dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, Lisa, I love the cherub wrap. It's so pretty! It reminds me a a chevron baby blanket I knitted my for sister-in-law a few years back. That's one of your patterns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amber...yes, it's a pattern I designed! Free on Rav and on Knit Picks. :) It was designed for KPs Cotlin (dk weight), but I'm knitting this one with worsted cotton (so it's turning out way bigger).
      xo

      Delete
  4. Hi Lisa!! Love your new tea cup! I am pouring over seed catalogs too! The planning has begun! Love your Cherub Wrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of good things here! blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite - Passion Tea :-) I love that Chevron pattern. Ah yes, the seed catalogs are coming in the mail. The first sign of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when the seed catalogs start coming in the mail. I"d love to get out there right now unfortunately our snowiest month is coming up. So I'll wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seed catalogs! They do help me get through February!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cherub wrap is gorgeous, as is your cup!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...