Sunday, February 7, 2016

knitting, painting, superbowling, weekending...





I'm thankful my AnnaLynn is still willing now and again to be my model for my knits. She's a sweetie to do it for her mama, isn't she? We spent some time late Saturday afternoon out back laughing at all the awkward shots we got and decided this one was the best. :)  Btw, my grass-stitch beanie pattern is done (!!!) and only needs to be test knit before it goes on Ravelry...anyone interested?

Other weekending included watching The Hunt for Red October on Friday evening -- knitting and popcorn? Of course. Saturday morning was errands in Vancouver. The afternoon was spent painting our masterbath as well as an old spice rack that I picked up at the Goodwill. I've been on the lookout for a clever way to organize all my EOs, and I think this is just perfect! The debate was on at 5 p.m. here on the west coast, so I streamed it and got in some quality knitting time on the baby blanket I'm working on for my niece's wee one. Thankfully, I have two more weeks to finish it.

And today (Sunday) was worship and a sunny, warm afternoon -- we reached a high of 63F which is unseasonably warm for the Pacific northwest. We spent the day with friends feasting, knitting, and watching football. Glad the "old" man won. :)

Weekending with Karen :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

10 comments:

  1. I love the hat!
    My daughter who lives in Vancouver is coming home for a visit, and I have had to warn her about our terrible weather, gales, rain...so sunny afternoons here, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! xo

      Delete
  2. Yes, your beautiful girl is very sweet. I miss my Erin and Emerson here to help me out so much.
    I can test knit if you want, just let me know.
    Enjoy a great Monday my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so, so much, Tracey! I'll email you...
      xo

      Delete
  3. Your daughter is very beautiful and very good at wearing a hat :) Lovely! We watched the super bowl as well and I was excited when the half time show was over, then I could go to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Karen. :) It was only 8-ish here when the game was finally over...one of the benefits of living on the west coast. :)

      Delete
  4. So nice that your daughter is willing to model your projects. I still talk my daughter into it too! I would love to test knit this pattern if you need anymore testers! Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be honored to have you test knit for me! Thank you...I'll be in touch! :)
      xo Lisa

      Delete
  5. very professional looking photograph!!! (your daughter is adorable!!!) I'm glad the 'old man' won,too, although definitely not his best game!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...