Tuesday, February 2, 2016

reading & yarning along...



Me thinks I've got too many books going...
  • Amish Knit Lit Circle: light, easy, yet filled with yarn, books, community, and encouragement. Kind of like our weekly Yarn Along, right? :)
  • The Betrayal: historical fiction about John Calvin that is almost finished but has been neglected.
  • The Poisonwood Bible: Haven't even opened this one. Yet. But I'm determined to join Amanda's read along 'cause this book sounds so good.
  • Face to Face: a primer on fellowship, friendship, and hospitality and our need of all three. Excellent!
  • At the Water's Edge: The only one of my current reads that has a due date (the rest I own), thus it's the one receiving the most attention. Truly enjoying this read (another one recommended by Amanda -- thanks!). 

And I'm having lots of yarny fun...

Having finished my slouchy beanie knit with a skein of Ginny's yummy black-walnut-dyed worsted merino, I cast on another with Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash in heathered aqua which is a gorgeous, gorgeous colorway. This one will be a fitted beanie rather than a slouchy which I'm hoping leaves enough yarn for a pair of fingerless mitts. We'll see. I've also been working to replenish my washcloths which are rather worse for wear. So nice to fill my kitchen drawer with a fresh stack of dishwashing cloths! Funny how knitting something so utilitarian can be so satisfying. Ravelry notes are here. :)

How about you? What's on your needles? What books are you enjoying?

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

10 comments:

  1. I love the Aqua colour of the new beanie knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a knitting machine for hats this year! I love the pattern and the color. I really liked the poisonwood bible when I read it years ago. I think you might like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely!!! so fun to have things to make and things to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can have several knitting projects going on at one time but only one book. Isn't that weird? The Amish Knit Lit Circle sounds interesting. I love Amish books. It takes me away to simple times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Poisonwood Bible was a great read. Very pretty hat. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colorway! Love that pile of books! Happy Knitting & Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat is going to be VERY nice! What a lovely color!
    I liked The Poisonwood Bible. It was my favorite Kingsolver book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I think I have some of that yarn in my stash, how tempting! Enjoy your reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love that stitch, it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous of all of you who have managed to snag some of Ginny's yarn!

    And I agree that the stitch you are using is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...