Monday, February 15, 2016

weekending with Charlotte :)





I'm a creature of habit whose ruts run deep, so I'm happy with the ordinary. But sometimes something new is introduced into the mix! Dan and I attended a two hour class on Saturday morning to learn how the caucus process works here in Washington. Dan has been asked to fill in as PCO for our neighbor who has weekend military duty and won't be able to be there this Saturday...lots to learn.

Other than that, our weekend consisted of:

Friday evening here was popcorn and a rousing game of hand & foot with the kids. The girls won! Yay!

Saturday afternoon we picked up Miss Charlotte for an overnighter at our house. Have I mentioned how much I love being a grandma? We read books and more books and then I worked on my knitting while Miss C crocheted! She just likes to pretend, but it won't be long...I chained a few stitches for her which produced a pretty big smile. :)

Sunday was worship, of course, and wine and chocolates from my sweetheart. We spent a rather rainy afternoon watching Rick Steves travel videos and added to our list of places to visit when we go to Scotland in June. Can. Not. Wait!!!

I'm thankful for all the bits of fun that make their way into the mix of our rather ordinary life. How was your weekend?

Joining Karen :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful smile she has

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. What a cutie your granddaughter is! I love that she is "crocheting". Reminds me of when Lily was that age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my....that smile!!!!! I had a great weekend with all 7 of my grands----and I agree. No better job in the world than being a grandma!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a grandma is the best! Love her adorable smile! She looks so proud of her 'crocheting'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutie! I love her shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is precious!! I love her wispy hair and her smile :) One day I am going to be a grandma just like you, if I'm lucky enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scotland? Woo hoo!
    Yes, being a granny is so good! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...