Wednesday, March 2, 2016

yarn along...




With apologies for my two-week absence from this space, I'm happy to be here today, joining Ginny and the rest of my yarn along friends. :)  Is it really March?! Spring is just around the corner and Easter is coming quickly. My daffodils and violas are blooming which makes me happy. I think it's time for my Easter egg swag to go up. :)

But this is a yarn along post, so I'll get to it!

Having finished Robin Hood last week, our humanities co-op has begun the last of our literature selections for the year (we wrap up the week before Easter). I'm still reading At the Water's Edge and The Amish Knit Lit Circle (about 1/2 way through each) along with my Bible. I'm really enjoying At the Water's Edge, but I need to give a caveat that there are parts that I've skimmed over. Call me a prude, I don't care; I'm really not interested in reading about anything I wouldn't chat about with a friend without seriously blushing with embarrassment. And, honestly, I wouldn't chat with a friend about things so personal to begin with...  What I do like is that the story is based in Scotland during WWII, there's a mystery of sorts (more than one, really), and the story just draws you in. I wish I were better at describing the books I read.

Knitting has been scattered. A mug cozy, reworking the thumb for a mitts pattern (perfectionism is a good thing...), a couple projects from the wip basket, and a top secret project that I'm super excited about but can't share about. Yet. :)

{Ravelry notes here.}  Joining Ginny...

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

11 comments:

  1. It's nice to see you! I always have lots of books going at once, too.
    I think I like little knitting projects best! Happy day! Yes, bring on the Easter stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just finished Robin Hood this week in our homeschool so I couldn't resist commenting... Didn't realize how sad the Epilogue would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JES -- a sad epilogue, indeed. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  3. some fun reading! I am very careful of what I read too; it has to do with being right with God, not prude! no worries there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, being right with God. :)

      Delete
  4. top secret project? intriguing! Looking forward to this.
    As always, love your work
    blessings
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering where you were, but then there is instagram and I know you are alive and well. I cannot wait to see what is top secret.....I bet it is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the community south of us is having a shakespeare festival next week and henry v is one of the plays they are performing for the public. i'm trying to find someone to go with me...it's a professional troupe doing it, so should be good!!! (ps....I'm so jealous of your nighttime sky!!! what fun parties you can have!!! even in our tiny little rural town, we have an electric nighttime glow that ruins the sky show.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I take blogging breaks (most are accidental) all the time...I totally understand! Can't wait to see your super secret project. Those are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful doily under your candlestick, and those chickens...I LOVE them! I've read a couple of Karen Anna Vogel's books. In fact, I'm getting to read one for review purposes. I'm a new follower of yours. Found you through Mari @ A Quiet Cottage Life, whom I found through The Enchanting Rose. I'm not much of a yarner, but I do enjoy photography and paper crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...