Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Yarning Along...
(two months later)




It's been two months since I blogged, and I really didn't know how to start again. A Scotland post? A homestead post? A new recipe? A Yarn Along post?

A Yarn Along post it is...

Current projects in the yarnbowl are a mobius cowl/shawl being knit in Knitpicks' Hawthorne fingering in the Inverness colorway (the blue) and a shawl/wrap being knit in Knitpicks' new lace weight "Luminance" in the Indulgence colorway (the red). Both are new designs that I hope to release  later this summer. :)

The pale green shawl modeled by my beautiful AnnaLynn is a collaberation project with Amanda Makes Yarn! Amanda's gorgeous Duplicity merino/alpaca fingering in the Jadeite colorway is the foundation for my new Viridescent shawl pattern which will be released soon on Ravelry; we'll be hosting an IG giveaway, so follow along (DoleValleyGirl & LittleHouseBigWoods) if you'd like a chance to win a copy of the pattern along with a skein of yarn and a nifty project bag made especially for our giveaway! Yay! Many, many thanks to Tracey who blogs at Clover and Sarah who blogs at His Little Wife for testing for us! xoxoxo

The Baker's Daughter was a good read in keeping with my WWII theme of late. An enjoyable, easy summer read that I finished two nights ago. The story switches back and forth between the 1940s and the present day as the characters deal with the hardships of war and life. Baking is featured throughout which kindled my desire to heat up the oven...

About blogging, I'm pondering how to go forward with this space. IG is easy, convenient, and it's on my phone which makes consistent posting more of a possibility. BUT, I've got ideas, thoughts, recipes, and musings that just don't necessarily fit into the IG format. So... stay tuned, happy changes here are coming! :)

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

15 comments:

  1. hello!! lovely knitting and so so so good to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, shocking to see me here, right? :) Thanks for the kind words, Karen! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa. IG has been my go to also, but like you I am trying to get back to my blogging space. I love the knits and I was honored to be your test knitter, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, my friend! Loved seeing Amanda's pink yarn all knit up by you. :) xo

      Delete
  3. I have been pondering the same, and have realized that I only enjoy our time on IG so much because I actually KNOW everyone through their blogs. So it's like IG is waving to your friend on the street but blogging is making time for a cup of coffee. Yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Amanda!! I heartily agree. :) xo

      Delete
  4. Lovely yarn colors...beautiful knitting...so exciting about new patterns and happy changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for kind words and support, Angela! xo :)

      Delete
  5. nice to see you here! write more! IG is great but blogs too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! IG is great...blogging takes more time, though, but it is worth it. :)

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to this pattern being available! Love it!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Linda! Thanks for the kind words...the pattern should be launched soon! xo

      Delete
  7. I LOVED the Baker's Daughter. WW2 is my favorite genre of reading. If would like a few more suggestions for books, let me know :) And my blogging days are few and far between too, and that is okay. Different seasons of life bring different levels of energy and time to dedicate and right now my kiddos are filling that space. I still hope on to read the blogs I follow at at least once a month, and that works for me. Hope you had a great trip! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. :) It seems I've been stuck in WWI and II historical fiction for the past several years. It amazes me how women, in particular, endured the long years of doing without while struggling to maintain any sense of normalcy when nothing at all was normal. I'd love some of your recommendations if you have time to share. You can email me if you want:
      happyindolevalley@gmail.com

      xo Lisa :)

      Delete
  8. I have missed you!!!! Oh my sweet friend, what joy to have you stop by and share a bit with all of us. Oh IG is wonderful but writing more than a few snippets is quite comforting :o). How wonderful that Amanda is doing so well with her yarns and how wonderful that Tracey was your test knitter. Such lovely friendships Our Lord has blessed you with.

    Thank you so much for sharing and for the blessing of your friendship :0)

    mari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...