Wednesday, August 31, 2016

blue and grey and moody...





My blue shawl is finally off the needles, bathed, and blocked. I LOVE the way it turned out and will be sending the patten off to test knitters later this week. Yay!! (If you're interested, I could use one or two more, just let me know in the comments.)  Palouse Yarn Company's Merino Fine is simply delicious, and the colorway, Blue Canyon, has me thinking of the Pacific and how we haven't been there yet this summer (an over site, I'm sure...needs to be remedied...but I digress). This is the skein I shared about here from when Dan and  I took Daniel to Idaho to check out the college he plans to attend in fall of 2017. When I bought it I didn't have a plan for it, but the colors drew me in and begged to be cast on. Don't you love it when that happens? Yarn purchased without a plan? The lesson here is that you never know what inspiration you'll find in a local yarn store, so make the time to visit when you're traveling. :)

A new project on my needles this week now that the blue is finished is a baby knit for my soon to be born grandbaby (#3); we don't yet know the gender, so it's Wallaby & Swan (KPs Cotlin) -- a grayish green and a nice, neutral creamy ivory. Baby is due in two weeks, and I'll be hand-delivering this made-with-love blanket on the 23rd when I land back in Edinburgh!!!! :)

The weather here in the SWWA foothills has turned decidedly pre-fall. I'm including a cloud photo --captured yesterday -- for no other reason than it expresses my mood as I type this up on Tuesday evening. Usually, I love the turn of the seasons and the coming of autumn, but for some reason I just can't figure out, I'm just not feeling it this year. Waking at 5 a.m. and it's still dark. In fact, it's still mostly dark at 6 a.m. now. Sigh.

My latest reads include All the Light we Cannot See (gorgeous blue cover, btw), The Girl on the Train (about halfway through via Audible), and Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts Devotional which I'm reading to count down to my 53rd b-day at the end of October. Trying desperately to finish the two novels as school is about to start (next week), and I've got a stack of American literature waiting for me...

Happy knitting and reading! Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe.

5 comments:

  1. Love your blanket pattern! Great color choice! Love, love, love the look of your new shawl pattern and that color....I am really inspired by blues lately. I started All the Light We Cannot See...I need to finish it, but there is a stack of World Literature staring at me! :) Happy Knitting & Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is beautiful. I look forward to that pattern. I wish I could help with test knitting but school is starting and I won't have the time. I actually think I could easily knit this very pretty pattern with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knitting looks gorgeous! I hope you do have time to read and read and read before school starts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love knitting for baby who are neutral in sex!! I find that easier than boy/girl struggling with colors for some reason. ARe they girly girl? or what? Lovely knitting Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well my friend...that shawl is just gorgeous!!! and it is so nice to be surprised about baby... package will leave for you next week and hopefully it will go with your package to Scotland :0) love, mari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...