Wednesday, August 10, 2016

tending my yarn garden :)



Good morning, my knitting friends! I've got two shawls on the needles this week: the blue is a gorgeous hand-dyed merino fingering from the Palouse Yarn Company that I picked up in Moscow, Idaho, earlier this year (while college visiting with our Daniel). When traveling, LYS stops are a must, right? I'm playing with stitch patterns and am enjoying the subtle variations of blue in this yarn so much that I know I'm going to love the way this knits up--yay! The red is a lovely lace-weight silk from Knitpicks that I had to tink a bit when I discovered a mistake I'd made in the lace section, but my stitches are all in order now, so onward we go.

My summer reading is scattered between my Bible, a devotional, Mother Earth News (among other magazines), One Year After (the followup to One Second After, the EMP book I recently finished), and I'm still listening to The Girl on the Train on Audible.

And if you're wondering where I got my adorable project bag, it's one of Wanda's, although her shop is currently on a break. If you're looking for a new project bag, may I recommend you take a look at Carrie's Etsy shop: StolenMinutes? I've got one of her medium bags on order and will share when it arrives. :)

Finally, if you entered the IG giveaway I shared last week, click over to see if you're the winner!

Joining Ginny for her Yarn Along :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of lovely knitting!! What a darling project bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like both of your shawl beginnings - especially the red one! The magazine looks like fun too - and the little project bag is beyond sweet!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a 'wanda bag' too and love mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous knitting, I love the bag! I am excited to get back to my knitting after being busy with moving my kid this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travel yarn is a MUST! I just finished a shawl knit with yarn I purchased in London last fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...