Monday, August 8, 2016

weekend eucharisteo...








Happy Monday! It's cool and rainy; my coffee mug is full and my house is quiet. Bliss after a full, bustling weekend filled with family and friends and teenagers and grandbabies and delicious food. I loved every moment, but being an introvert, this quiet time is really necessary for my sanity, for recharging after pouring myself out for my people.

Our weekend was filled with smiles, love, and laughter as we celebrated Dan, Daniel's, and Jeff's birthdays. So crazy that my boys are 28 and 18, We feasted on grilled ribs and chicken, potato salad, and baked beans. So thankful for everyone who drove out including the awesome group of kids who made Daniel's day by being here.

We ate pancakes at the fair on Friday and saw the cows and sheep and chickens. Charlotte enjoyed a pony ride, and we all enjoyed milkshakes from the Clark County Dairywomen. Kettle corn? that, too.

Sunday was worship and fellowship with friends followed by a quiet evening at home with Dan and the kids. I sipped wine and wound a new skein of yarn in anticipation of casting on a new shawl while the four of us chatted and laughed about life and silly things and whatever happend to come up. Life is good. Eucharisteo!

Weekending with Karen :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like such a wonderful weekend of celebration! I can totally relate about needing to recharge! Hope you are having a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend!!! Love the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The happiest of birthdays to your men Lisa 🙂🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful blessed weekend! I wish (really and truly) that it was cooler here. I'm melting this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...