Tuesday, September 6, 2016

hosenmatz...



Tuesday was nice to me...my copy of the new Taproot arrived...yay! And I found the perfect yarn to knit up a pair of Hosenmatz with! (just to clarify, this pattern is not in the latest Taproot...sorry for the confusion!) These wee pants are so, so cute, and I'm hoping I'll be able to finish a pair before I arrive in Scotland in a few weeks. Yes, you read that correctly. :)  Grandbaby number three is due in a week, and I'm looking forward to meeting him or her and spending some time with my Jessica who will be a first time mama. Please lift a prayer for her for a safe delivery.

I still haven't quite finished All the Light We Cannot See or The Girl on the Train, but All the Light is close, and I've decided to finish listening to The Girl on the Train on my long plane ride. My WIPs are many, and other than this one, they've all taken a back seat to my grandbaby knits, and I'm ok with that.

Yarn: Cascade Yarns Heritage Prints in the Forest colorway (#9824); 75% superwash merino wool/25% nylon.

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

9 comments:

  1. a week! how exciting, I hope all goes well :) The pants are cute and now I need to read my mag so I can see the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Karen, I see that my post was misleading! The Hosenmatz pattern, as you likely already figured out, was NOT in the latest Taproot. I found it on Ravelry. Sorry about that!!!

      Delete
  2. God bless that new child to be born! what a cute knit!!! books are so lovely to read and savour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, my friend! xoxo

      Delete
  3. i know your trip will be wonderful!!!!! can't wait to hear (and see!!!) all about it. travel safe....bring lots of knitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! I'm excited to be going back, especially because of the baby!! Can't wait!!

      Delete
  4. How exciting!!!!! I'm so glad that you're able to go over to Scotland and help your daughter out. How long do you plan to be over there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I'll be away for just under two weeks. :) xo

      Delete
  5. Yay for another trip and a BABY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...