Wednesday, October 12, 2016

yarn along & a sneak peek!!




Had a busy morning working and didn't think I'd find time today to join today's Yarn Along, but thankfully, here I am post-work, post-lunch, pre-work-outside-this-afternoon. :)  Eve in Exile is a brand new book that sets aside stereotypes of mid-century housewives...of women not allowed to think for themselves or talk to the men about anything interesting or important. I'm looking forward to reading this book as part of a new book study I'll be doing with Christina, my wonderful daughter-in-law. :)  On my nightstand, along with my Bible, is another one of my WWII stories: Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum. I finally finished The Girl on the Train via Audible while adjusting to my jet lag when I arrived in Scotland. Imagine trying to go to sleep when your body clock is 8 hours behind...those first few days are always rough.

I've got far too many WIPs, and I keep thinking that one of these days I need to take a photo of all of them to share with you. Maybe soon. :)  Today's knitting is a simple knitted washcloth using Rowan's Handknit Cotton (colorway 352).

And my "sneak peek" is just that!! A project that's been in the works for months now and tomorrow is the big day that I finally get to share all about it!! I'll be hosting a giveaway via my IG: DoleValleyGirl -- so excited!  UPDATE: The pattern is now available! See all the details here. And, the giveaway is live on my IG and open thru Oct. 25 at midnight PST.

Looking forward to seeing what you've all been working on and reading; it's good to be back. :)

Joining Ginny :)

~Lisa

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

5 comments:

  1. So glad you found time to share. I love the yarn color for your dish cloth. Chocolate, coffee, knitting and a pretty candle. I love your photo. That book looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie! That colorway has been popular lately. I wish I'd picked up several skeins while I was in Scotland. xo Lisa

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10/13/2016

    My very favorite dishcloth pattern. I make them smaller than the original just like you��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...