Monday, November 28, 2016

Recent knits & random thoughts :)





Things have been rather quiet here on the blog. I thought I'd have more time to spend here, but that just hasn't been the case. Life has a way of staying busy even when I'd prefer it to slow down. It doesn't help that I can't seem to say "no." Such a little word. No. Why I can't find a way to say it? Now that's an answer I'd like to know. :)

November knits included a test/sample knit for Ranee of Arabian Knits who designed the gorgeous stocking you see up there. I used stash wool, so my colors didn't match hers, and my stocking doesn't look very festive, but I love it and am thankful for the opportunity to knit this up. I learned a few things along the way, one of which is that my wrists don't care very much for such tight colorwork. Sigh. But I survived and am happy. The pattern has yet to be released, but if you follow Ranee, you'll find out!

Earlier this month I released my Pacific Shawl pattern and was blessed last week when my AnnaLynn got together with a friend of hers and did a photoshoot! LOVELY!! Thanks so much, Anna & Mel. :) xoxo

Me? I don't own a big-girl camera, but I'm hoping to remedy that this Christmas...perhaps a family gift? Fingers crossed here in Dole Valley. :)

Finally, that adorable photo up top is my sweet precious granddaughters, Charlotte & Linnea, modeling my new Lottie's Bonnet pattern. So thankful for their daddy who snapped photos for me yesterday after church and to their sweet momma who dressed them so perfectly for the occasion. If you're interested, I've got a giveaway for my new Lottie's Bonnet pattern on IG through midnight Nov. 30, so pop on over!

With Thanksgiving behind us and Advent having begun just yesterday, I'm certain I won't be spending too much time here in December. But who knows? Thanks so much for visiting my occasional posts, my friends. Wishing you all a blessed Advent!

xo Lisa :)

Thanks for visiting Happy in Dole Valley! To join us on our journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are a fantastic knitter! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous knits and three beautiful girls! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Erica. :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. love the photos!!! Looks like you are living the full life and that is what it is all about. I am knee deep in holiday knitting (hope I make my deadlines...)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good life...YES!! So blessed. :) Hoping all your Christmas knits are completed on time, dear Karen! xo

      Delete
  4. Everything you do is just so beautiful Lisa... Blessings to you and yours as we embark on this beautiful time of year! mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, my friend. Hoping and praying all is well in your corner of PA. :) Much love to you, dear Mari! xo

      Delete
  5. Your granddaughters are beautiful. Look at those sweet faces in your cute bonnet design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...