Monday, December 12, 2016

accepted :)



Last April we took a drive east to Idaho, and there, Daniel spent the weekend visiting the college he was hopeful of attending. Since then, in addition to graduating from our homeschool, passing his driving test, working part time for Dan as an electrical apprentice, continuing piano lessons, and taking both chemistry and rhetoric as a 5th year senior, he's been busy working through the application process for New Saint Andrews.



The letter arrived on Saturday! It's official, and my Daniel is one happy young man. Well done, my son! Praying for you as you prepare to go late in the summer of 2017. The time will fly, use it wisely.

This mom is happy, ecstatic, really, but my eyes keep filling with tears. I'm praying for me, too. I've gone back and reread the short speech I gave at Daniel's graduation before Dan and I presented him with his diploma and thought I'd include it here, just because I need to be mindful that this is what we've been preparing for, looking forward to all these years. :)
May 28, 2016
Dole Valley, Yacolt, Washington
Daniel,
It has been my joy and pleasure to be a tool in the hands of our Heavenly Father to guide your education; I could never have done it alone. I’m thankful for the many others He provided who’ve been an influence in your life including all the homeschooling moms I’ve team-taught with over the years, the piano teachers, the math and science and drivers ed. teachers, the video and on-line instructors, the conference speakers, the pastors, and the abundance of authors who’ve shaped your thinking.
As the arrow is in the hands of a mighty warrior, so are the children of our youth. Daniel, the arrow has been drawn, the string has been pulled back, and you are ready to launch. About a year ago as I began pondering this day, I was impressed by these wise words from N.D. Wilson that I pray are true of us and of you:
The world is rated R, and no one is checking IDs. Do not try to make it G by imagining the shadows away. Do not try to hide your children from the world forever, but do not try to pretend there is no danger. Train them. Give them sharp eyes and bellies full of laughter. Make them dangerous. Make them yeast, and when they’ve grown, They will pollute the shadows.
Rejoicing, sighing, smiling, and tearing up, again...

Weekending with Karen :)

xo Lisa

Thanks for visiting...to join me on my journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)


4 comments:

  1. *claps* I'm happy your son got what he wanted. What a handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for Daniel and for your family! What an accomplishment and you should be super duper proud. Love the letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy for you! May God protect and bless your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your son! It is always so uplifting to see young people who are so inspiring : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...