Friday, December 2, 2016

Welcome, December :)








Well, I missed this week's yarn along which disappoints me, but this morning has been quiet and less hectic than the rest of the week has been, so I figured it'd be the perfect time to post. With Thanksgiving hosting and the organizing of a church meal behind me (yes, the Sunday after Thanksgiving...what was I thinking?), I've been deep into prep for the midterm for my humanities class. Now that all that's done, I only have November month end/December month beginning Quickbooks stuff to finish up. I figured it was time to treat myself to a little online journaling, so here I am. :)

Lots and lots and lots of knitting been happening with several new patterns being released this fall. I'm currently enjoying the rhythm of simple, small knits for my grandbabies; wool beanies to warm their noggins this winter. I've finished one, am halfway finished with the second, and still need to pick the color for the third. (Speaking of winter, our forecast is for snow this Sunday - Tuesday!!)

I'm not sure if I shared that at about the same time we got our puppy, we also got a kitten. Ginny rarely meows, likes to chase handmade foil balls around the kitchen, and she terrorizes our Birdy. Taunts her. It's fun to watch, although it's frustrating to Anna who is in charge of both.

Daniel's making a rare appearance here today; he actually posed for me! He's been busy finishing his application for college and got it all in a day before the deadline for the early application tuition discount. Now we're just waiting to hear if he's accepted (which I anticipate since it's a small Christian college he's visited on numerous occasions). Praying for God's will for my youngest son and trusting this is the best path for him. I'm avoiding thinking that he'll be absent from our home come fall...

I shared the November grid photo on IG yesterday (Dec. 1). I like the ability to grid photos like that, to remember all the blessings of a month freshly wrapped up, and to give thanks. Such a good thing.

Lots and lots of hand-rolled beeswax candles for Advent have been shipped in the past couple weeks, even late orders which is a blessing. :)  I've got a Christmasy bonnet which was a sample I knit to test my pattern notes, and I added a red tie to it which I think was a nice touch. It's a one-of-a-kind, knit in superwash wool, and it's available along with natural beeswax candlesticks in my Etsy shop which you can find here.

For Advent we're reading Christmas Spirit & God Rest Ye Merry in the mornings and evenings. Both are so good and really put us in the right frame of mind for celebrating the birth of the King of Kings! We watch a lot of holiday movies and our first this year, earlier this week, was The Santa Clause with Tim Allen. Lots of silly laughter.

I've had a rule for years that we don't start the Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving, so we're one week in! I'm already tiring of the repititious tunes played on the car radio, so I've got to dig out the CDs -- my old Amy Grant and a myriad of other favorites. I say, welcome to Advent and December! Isn't it truly the most wonderful time of the year?

xo Lisa

Thanks for visiting, your kind comments and questions are welcome -- to join me on my journey, look to the upper right to follow or subscribe. :)

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! It is the most wonderful time of the year. Glad to see you are doing well, along with your family. God's Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Izzy!! I was thinking of you just the other day!! Hope all is well in your corner of the world, my friend. :) Prayers for you and yours this Advent season. Would love to hear from you: happyindolevalley@gmail.com xoxo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful family photos! I love to listen to Mannheim Steamroller Christmas and Josh Groban also has a beautiful Christmas CD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started listening to Christmas music this week and it does make for a festive happy heart. Your son looks older since that last time I saw him here. !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...