Monday, January 31, 2011

Gratituesday - Crocheted Washcloths

So, what's a girl to do when she hears that Michael's has cotton yarn on sale for $1 per skein? (Thank you, Michael's!) That's right, get on over there and get myself some! With the help of my trusty crochet hook, I've been busy working up some washcloths. Don't you just love this bright orange color?


These pink stripes are nice...



Like I said, I've been busy crocheting washcloths...

And what do you do when you don't have enough yarn left to make another washcloth? That's right, you make soap cozies. :)

So much yarn, so little time...

What a blessing it was to get such a great deal on this 100% cotton yarn! I spent $20 and got 20 skeins of yarn which will make about 40 washcloths and a few soap cozies. And what a great way to begin building up my stock for next year's bazaar season! Nice!


~~~~~~~~~~
Join me for Fiber Arts Monday here, Frugal Friday here, and for Gratituesday over at Heavenly Homemakers!

12 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors! :) Hope you're having fun with that yarn! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a deal! Happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having fun? Oh yeah. :) I love having a hobby that keeps my fingers busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen the soap cozies before do you have a link for a pattern you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! I created my own pattern for the soap cozies and would be happy to share it here. I'll put it on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Such cheerful colors for a dreary day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think crocheting cloths may be one of my favorite things to do. Great price on the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Deal!!! You cannot beat crocheted or knitted dishcloths! Thanks for sharing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to crochet washcloths! In between my 'bigger' projects, it's nice to make something you can finish quickly. I like the pattern on these. I hope you do post it for us soon!
    PS--I'm also getting into crochet borders. Washcloths and dishrags are a great way to practice these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crocheted washcloths are my favorite go-to project when I need something that doesn't take a lot of concentration or if I'm needing a break from trying to figure out a pattern. These also make a nice take-along project to keep my hands busy while waiting at the doctor's office or to renew my drivers license like I did yesterday. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh I plan to make some of these very soon. But it will probably not be till January. I have lots of socks to knit and bookmarks. Yes, I will share them real soon.[o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to, Mary! ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...