Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gratituesday - Friends :)

I have been blessed with many friends throughout my 47 years. From my very first "best friend forever" (Mary, my next door neighbor back in '68) to the women I call my closest friends today, each has left a sweet impression on my life.

I love the way the Lord has directed my friendships; whether bringing a friendly face and kindness to me when I was the new girl in high school to the ladies who've helped me weather life's storms (and there have been a few...), God has been ever faithful to know exactly who and what I've needed throughout the years.

Because of my friends, I can bake bread, sew a swim suit for my daughter, and knit. Because of my friends, I hold a little less tightly to my schedule and agenda while clinging tightly to the grace and mercy of God. Because of my friends, I am who I am. What a blessing it is that the Lord uses us in each other's lives for the purpose of our mutual edification and sanctification! Thanks, ladies, (especially JH, JJ, RT, CB & LK) for your sweet and faithful friendship! Although some of us are not as close as we once were, I thank the Lord for his provision of you in my life.

And above all, thank you, Lord, that you are a friend to sinners, that you have been an ever-faithful and trustworthy friend to me.
Jesus! What a friend for sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Hallelujah! What a friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

(Public Domain)


What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~~~~~~
Join me for Titus2sdays, Living Well Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, and Gratituesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...