Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gratituesday - That I am known by God

That I am known by my Heavenly Father overwhelms me. That He searches my heart and knows my every thought brings me great comfort and fear. He provides for my every need and guides me in the way I should go. He has even numbered my days:

Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.


~Psalm 139:16

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.


~Psalm 139:6

The following song was printed in our church bulletin recently, and every time we sing it, I am overwhelmed with gratitude that I am known by God. Wishing you that same comforting security...

Searcher of Hearts

Searcher of hearts, from mine erase
all thoughts that should not be,
and in its deep recesses trace
my gratitude to Thee.

Hearer of prayer, O guide aright
each word and deed of mine;
life's battle teach me how to fight,
and be the victory Thine.

Giver of all for every good,
in the Redeemer came -
for raiment, shelter, and for food,
I thank Thee in His name.

Father and Son and Holy Ghost,
Thou glorious Three in One,
Thou knowest best what I need most,
and let Thy will be done.

~George P. Morris


~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. I love that hymn! :) I was just noticing, I have gotten so accustomed to singing hymns that I am now able to read the lyrics to almost any hymn and can remember the tune in my head! :)

    God is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I love "Searcher of Hearts", too! I find myself humming it throughout the day -- such wonderful truths!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...