Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gratituesday - The Promise of Spring!

It's March 1st and the ground is blanketed with snow. And as beautiful as it is, my heart is longing for spring, warmth, and to be outdoors! I'm so ready to get out there and work in my garden, but I'll just have to wait. *Sigh*

After all the days are growing longer, and in just a few short weeks, it'll be here (at least that's what my calendar tells me). Several weeks ago I captured this evidence just outside my front door...



While I'm thankful for the promise of spring contained in each bulb peeking through the soil in my flower garden, I find that I'll need to be content and wait for God's perfect timing (God's perfect timing -- something else to be thankful for!). In the meanwhile, I can always start some seeds indoors. Spring will come -- it always does. :) What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~~~~~~
Join me for Titus2sdays, Living Well Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, and Gratituesday!

3 comments:

  1. I wrote about Spring today also -- March 1st must be the day to do that! But you are right about God's timing -- it's just so hard to wait :-)

    I'm a new follower -- would love to have you come visit -- we can talk Spring together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the sun is shining and the birds began singing, this verse really lifted me today: For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations. Isaiah 61:11. Spring will come. And He will be praised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...