Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lettuce sprouts...

I'm so excited that I just had to share...



These lovely little green lettuce sprouts were planted Saturday and took only 3.5 days to germinate! I was utterly thrilled when I came downstairs yesterday morning to discover them. :)

Because our last frost date is in May, we have to start many of our seeds indoors. We thought we were doing well last year, but after a great start, our seedlings grew too tall and every last one of them toppled. What a disappointment!

Thankfully, we found these videos on the Territorial Seed Company's website and discovered the solution to our problem -- we need more light than our windows provide!

Enter this wonderful contraption on loan from my green-thumbed brother:



Lord willing, we'll have more success with our indoor starts this year, and we'll be eating some wonderful homegrown salads in just a few short weeks. :) I can't wait!


~~~~~~~~~~
Sharing over at Homestead Revival's Barn Hop!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at nature an how every year that we plant seeds they always grow into food we eat! Something powerful is behind this event...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something powerful, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...