It's been a super busy day, so I'll skip the usual chit-chat and simply say that these muffins made me happy. :)
Oatmeal Date Muffins
inspired by this recipe
makes 12 muffins
1.5 c. whole wheat pastry flour (or unbleached AP flour)
1/2 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. Rapadura sugar (or brown sugar)
1/2 t. sea salt
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/3 c. chopped walnuts
2/3 c. chopped dates
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. melted unsalted butter
1 t. real vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease muffin tin (we like to use coconut oil).
2. Measure flour, oats, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, nuts, and dates into a large bowl and stir together. [Update: The papa says these need a touch more cinnamon than the 1/2 t. called for even though I think they're perfect just the way they are. That said, feel free to add an additional 1/2 t. if you'd like a more pronounced cinnamon flavor!]
3. Whisk egg in a small bowl; add milk, melted butter, and vanilla, mixing well.
4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (don't over mix your muffins!); batter will be lumpy.
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
7. Bake about 15 minutes or until muffins are golden brown; cool slightly in pan, then remove to finish cooling on wire rack.
We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)
This is the 15th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 36 more to come, stay tuned...)
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Muffin Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Home Sweet Farm, Far Above Rubies, Real Food Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, Wise Woman Link-up, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Fight Back Friday, Foodie Friday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday