Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gratituesday - Better late than never...



Just feeling the need to brag on my amazing family!

Our church hosted a Mother-Daughter Tea the day before Mother's Day, and I was blessed to have in attendance with me (from left to right): AnnaLynn, my mother-in-law, Shirley, my youngest sister, Beth, her youngest daughter (my niece), Aaliyha, and my mom, Lorraine. My wonderful daughter-in-law was there, too, and she was blessed to be sitting with her mom and sisters. What a great way to spend an afternoon! (Wish you could've been there, Jess!)



Me and my sweeties...


Cards, roses, tulips, chocolates, a nice red wine, a new ice cream scoop (I like practical gifts...), a lilac scented candle, a gift card to Yard 'n Garden Land so I could go buy flowers for my hanging baskets! I was spoiled by all my kids. :)



A handmade card from AnnaLynn...


Looking forward to this!


But back to the tea for a moment -- the theme was contentment. If to be content is to be satisfied, I am. It's not the flowers, the cards, or the gifts. It's the time invested in making a memory. It's the love that sends flowers from another state. It's the smile and hug from a grown and married son. It's a husband who knows his wife doesn't want to be fussed over but fusses over me anyway. It's the hugs of my youngest two who think their mom is the best. ;)

Content? Yes. Thankful? Yes. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

What are you thankful for today?


~~~~~~~~~~
Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers and for Titus2sdays, Far Above Rubies, Living Well Wednesday, and Raising Homemakers

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...