Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On my needles...

I'm joining in again this week for the yarn and book sharing fun over at the Yarn Along. If you're looking for project inspiration or an interesting book recommendation, you should check it out!


I love knitting baby washcloths. They're quick, small, easy, and don't require lots of attention which makes them great projects for those times when you're riding in the car, visiting with friends, or watching a movie. Mine are made using Lion Brand's organic cotton yarn which I love using because even the dyes are organic!

The white cap is a crocheted work in progress. I've been trying out some new stitch patterns and am fairly pleased with this one which is a half double crochet in the front loop and then the back loop of alternating stitches. I do plan to redo the edging to add a little flair. For this one I'm using Cotton Ease by Lion Brand.

Health for Godly Generations is a book I picked up a couple weekends ago at the Vision Forum booth while at the Christian Heritage conference. I've been skimming it and finally dove in to read it cover to cover. I've only just started, but I'll share this quote to give you an idea of where this book is going:
 "Being an American with many food choices and opportunities of food to consume, and many conflicting suggestions from media about what contributes to health, has influenced the angle from which I share...Undeniably, health problems are around us; now is the time to think like Christians for the glory of God and the benefit of His temples, our bodies...health is directly linked to food consumption and other lifestyle factors. Only in the previous century has the prevalence of degenerative diseases and newfangled foods risen noticeably and simultaneously."
I'm really looking forward to working my way through this one!

So, what are you reading? What's on your hook or needles?

Also sharing at Crafty Friday

12 comments:

  1. The hat is sweet and cute. :) Crochet is a mystery to me--all the different stitches sound so complicated, while knitting just has knit and purl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that hat is sweet! Despite the class I took in crochet I still can't wrap my head around it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi :) thanks for commenting on my post - I'm glad you liked the cowl - I didn't follow any pattern (I never do - even if I try :D )
    ...the cap is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that crocheted hat! And the knit chickens are a wonderful project for your 10 year old..

    I have to tell you that we have been avid Vision Forum advocates for many years. One of our favorite things are all of the wonderful audios they have. Since my 24 year old son was 10 he has gone to sleep to fascinating stories, and deep commentaries. Just thought I'd mention it! ;)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I knew how to crochet since that hat is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hat is so beautiful- I love the shape and how it comes out gently at the bottom, and the stitch! I can't follow patterns, but I'd give it a go for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracey & Emily - Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! It's always a blessing to know others appreciate one's work. :) ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little cap is very sweet. I like your idea for baby wash clothes, especially using organic cotton. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pattern on the hat - I am so going to have to try that!
    beautiful work
    God Bless
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacinta & Karen - Thanks for your sweet words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little hat! Your washcloth yarn is really nice too- beautiful colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Don't you love how once you make something you can get creative and use different stitches to create your own?!

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...