Monday, June 27, 2011

Foxglove, flour, and a funky hand cleaning idea...

But first (and following the "F" theme), our lettuce finally grew enough to allow for this green salad over the weekend! There is not much we enjoy more than a freshly picked green salad with our homemade Ranch dressing -- YUM!



Our foxglove is in full bloom! Gorgeous! As a matter of fact, it's nearly taken over our flower bed...



A trip last week to Bob's Red Mill (with my sister who'd never been there) provided a nice opportunity to check out all their different flours, talk health and nutrition, and take advantage of an excellent photo op. :)





Now for my funky hand cleaning idea...

Take an old knee high (perhaps one with a run in it) and put some soap scraps inside (you know, those slivers of soap that you usually throw away); tie the knee high onto something near your garden hose.



Wet those dirty hands and wash!



Scrub 'em good...



Rinse away the suds, and take a look at those clean hands!



Now whenever you're finished working in your garden, you can wash up right away outdoors and not have to worry about leaving dirty hand prints all over your door knobs and indoor sink faucets. :)

And finally... In other homestead news, our late cucumber and pickle crop has sprouted and our corn has finally been planted. A little late, you say? Perhaps. Will we harvest any corn this year? I'm not too hopeful with the cooler than usual weather pattern we've been experiencing. All I can say is, Lord willing!

Sharing over at April's Weekend Roundup and...

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. How neat that you were able to visit Bob's Red Mill! They have some great products.
    I wanted to tell you I made your banana bread muffins. I used chocolate chips instead of nuts and butter instead of coconut oil. They came out really good. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa - Thanks for letting us know; so glad you enjoyed them. :) ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you think of that washing hands idea yourself?! it's ingenius!!!!!!!!!!! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, the hand washing idea came from a local berry farm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the soap idea. [o= I will have to give that one a whirl asap. I love the pic of you and your sister. I can't wait I get to see my sister at the end of August, I can't wait. I loved getting to see your foxglove. To me it is one of those beautiful whimsical flowers.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary - Thanks! My sister has lived across or out of the country for YEARS, so it's a joy to have here back local with us. :) Give the soap idea a try; it works great (doesn't clean the dirt from under your nails, though...). Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your foxgloves are beautiful! My mom had tons in our garden growing up and I absolutely love them. New follower from the weekend roundup hop, have a great week! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frugal in WV - Welcome! So glad you enjoyed our foxgloves; they're still in full bloom and just as gorgeous! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess what? [o= I linked your recipe in my latest post for my 40 Day Health Experience. I loved the dressing! Thank you again for sharing it with us. ((HUGS))

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Mary! Glad you like the dressing. :) ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...