Happy last day of spring! Our local weather forecast is calling for an end to the cool, wet weather we've been experiencing just in time for the arrival of summer tomorrow! Lord willing, we'll be planting the rest of our vegetable garden a little later this week once the ground dries up a bit. :) In the meantime, we'll be enjoying a couple of this week's muffins which were inspired by this recipe. Enjoy!
Banana Bread Muffins
2 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c. Rapadura sugar (or dark brown sugar)
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1.5 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. coconut oil, melted (or butter)
1 t. real vanilla
2 c. mashed, overripe bananas (about 4)
1. Preheat oven to 425F and grease muffin tin (we like to use coconut oil).
2. Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and walnuts into a large bowl and stir together.
3. We like to use our mixer to smash our bananas for baking...
4. Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Stir in milk, vanilla, and bananas, then slowly whisk in melted coconut oil (or butter).
5. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (don't over mix your muffins!).
6. Fill prepared muffin cups; cups will be full.
7. Place filled muffin pan in oven and immediately reduce temperature to 375F. Bake about 20-25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown; rotate pan after ten minutes for even baking.
8. Cool slightly in pan; carefully remove muffins to wire rack.
We'd love to know if you give any of our muffin recipes a try. Let us know how they turn out or if you put a different spin on them. :)
This is the 24th installment in what will be, Lord willing, our year-long muffin adventure: Muffin Mondays! 52 Mondays, 52 Muffins. (There are 27 more to come, stay tuned...)
Today's Muffin Monday post is being shared at: Mouthwatering Monday, Healthy Home Economist, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesdays, Titus2sdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Home Sweet Farm, Far Above Rubies, 2 Maids a Baking, Traditional Tuesday, Healthy 2day Wednesday, Real Food Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday, Raising Homemakers, Let's Do Brunch, Pennywise Platter, Simple Lives Thursday, Fight Back Friday, and Feasting in Fellowship Friday