Friday, July 15, 2011

For today...


I've seen this around blogland and was inspired this morning to try one myself...

FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...
Daniel is chopping wood.

I am thinking...
about how much he's grown. Sigh.

I am thankful...
for a gorgeous view of trees and mountains.

From the learning rooms...
lesson planning for this fall continues.

In the kitchen...
coffee is brewing.

I am wearing...
it's 7:40 a.m.; still in my jammies. :)

I am creating...
a new skirt for AnnaLynn.

I am going...
to take the kids berry picking today, Lord willing.

I am wondering...
when it will warm up enough to go swimming at the river.

I am reading...
The King's Daughter, The Help, and Health for Godly Generations

I am hoping...
to finish at least one project today!

I am looking forward to...
spending Sunday afternoon catching up with dear friends.

I am hearing...
the chirping of birds outside my window as well as the distinctive sound of wood being chopped.

Around the house...
all is quiet.

I am pondering...
what to prune from my overloaded schedule.

One of my favorite things...
is mercy.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Finish Anna's skirt, do some weeding in our garden, begin a devotional with AnnaLynn, make a Goodwill run, bake muffins for church.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



Silliness, I know, but I'll bet you can't guess whose creation this is.

~~~~~~~~~~


It was a nice exercise to think and reflect upon each of these questions. If you'd like to join me, visit the Simple Woman's Daybook for all the details.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I pray blessings on all your plans. The wonderful sounds of a homestead...nothing like it. [o= I also can understand wanting to prune a over scheduled life. I have done pretty good this year.

    As for your question..." what your weather is like in B.C".

    ...we also are experiencing the coolest July. It didn't even break 70 yesterday either. We normally can have our summer birthday parties at the beach and we haven't been able to b/c of weather and the water level on our lake was so high that their is just beginning to have a beach again. ( a lot of spring run off from the mt's)

    I LOVED your creative Ent. [o= I pray you have a blessed week end too.

    blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered The kings Daughter in the fall and we haven't gotten to it yet... thanks for the reminder.

    Mercy... yes.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! I hope you have a wonderful day, and a fantastic weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary - Finding balance is so hard these days! Pruning seems to be the only way to go. :)

    Debbie - You're welcome. :)

    April - Thanks. :)

    Blessings to all, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...