Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gratituesday - Summer projects


Don't you just love the feeling of accomplishment that comes when you finish a project? I sure do. I've been working on this crocheted v-stitch baby blanket for (more than) a couple of weeks now (where oh where did June go?) and am happy to report that it's finally done! I'd originally wanted to have it done before the sweet baby it's for was born, but I didn't make it. Thankfully, her baby shower isn't for a couple of weeks, so I'm ahead! Imagine that. :)



To go along with the blanket, I designed and crocheted a matching bonnet...




I love the way it turned out and hope I can remember how I made it so I can make another one some day.

Note to self:  Write down the pattern as you go next time! You'll be thankful you did!

My summer project list also includes lots of sewing. I've purchased several really cute pieces of fabric that will become new skirts for Anna. Thankfully, I've got three cut out and ready to be sewn, so all I really have to do is sit myself down at my sewing machine and get busy! Maybe simply posting about it will hold me accountable to finishing them (before summer's over and it's time for fall fabrics!). Here's a peek at the first skirt in progress...



Hopefully, I'll find the time to finish it up today. Another sewing project is to transform these cloth napkins that I picked up on clearance into covers for our well-worn throw pillows.



Of course, school planning for this fall is on my agenda. We have a busy August (always do), so my fall lesson planning has to be done in July. Thankfully, I love planning and scheduling. I also love dreaming of all the things we'll learn in the coming year (we'll be reading our way through the Middle Ages), but that's another story. :)

Of the many, many different projects I'd like to complete this summer, refinishing/painting my grandmother's bedroom furniture for AnnaLynn is the one I'm looking forward to the most even though I've never taken on a project like it before. Thankfully, I'm not afraid of a challenge! Here's a before photo...



And just for the sake of being real, here's a project that will require my attention by next Thursday afternoon when dear friends will be arriving for four days of visiting.



Yep, that's my guest room. It's also our storage room and is affectionately called our "Spare 'Oom" by D & A. What a mess.

Lord willing, I'll have a a completed project or two (and especially that room!) to share next week, but until then, I'll simply be thankful I was able to cross at least one project off my list!

What are you thankful for today?

~~~~~~~~~~

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers! Also sharing at Crafty Friday and Kathy's Fiber Arts Monday

12 comments:

  1. I have lots of organizing to do, too! I don't think it ever ends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - No, it doesn't. It's one of those wonderful ways that God sanctifies us...

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the progress of all these projects. I am going to be posting a update on my projects hopefully tomorrow. [o= I am trying to finish my socks and Psalms 23 cross stitch so I don't feel guilty starting my cowl. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh btw BEA U TI FUL work on! That baby will be VERY blessed indeed.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary - Thanks for your sweet words. I know what you mean about finishing one project before starting another...I don't do very well at that. Looking forward to seeing your finished projects and that cowl. I love the pattern and am tempted to start one for myself! So many projects, so little time...

    Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of it, but especially the baby hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! You sound busy and happy, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, ladies. :) I appreciate the sweet compliments. Busy? Happy? I wouldn't have it any other way. ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. The crocheted set is beautiful. I wonder why moms don't have an extra hour in their day just for projects....lol...I know I sure could use one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blanket! And you are doing far better than I on summer projects, but I was talking with a friend just a bit ago how blessed we are to have the projects we do. God is so good to give us women the work He does!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shara - I know! Just one hour. Please!! And thanks. :)

    Sonia - Thank you as well. I agree, it is a tremendous blessing to be creatively busy. Having down time from teaching during the summer months provides the extra time to be a little more creative!

    Blessings! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blanket. It turned out great.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...