Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On my needles...


A variety of summer projects and the task of tending my garden have meant limited time for both knitting and reading, yet after my yarn order from Knit Picks arrived late last week, I was able to start working on this lacy scarf. The yarn, a lace weight 100% merino wool, is cooperating nicely with my carpel tunnel afflicted fingers and bamboo needles. I'm only a few rows into the pattern and can already begin to see the gorgeous lace design unfolding as I slowly and carefully work each stitch. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this project which, thankfully, doesn't have to be finished until around Labor Day.



In the limited down time I have this week, The Help continues to be my read of choice as I'm hoping to finish it before the movie hits the theaters on August 10.

Will I meet either deadline? That remains to be seen...

~~~~~~~~~~

Sharing over at the Yarn Along.

11 comments:

  1. Oh The Help! I loved that book and not sure I want to see the movie. They say books are always better than the movie. Good luck on your deadlines and I can't wait to hear hear about the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I can't wait to see this as it progresses. [o= I need to sit down with the needles tonight. I am in some REAL need of some yarn therapy. [o= ( now that I have untangled that mass of yarn and I can now truly enjoy it [o= )

    Blessings on your yarn along! ((HUGS))
    In Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The previews I've seen for the movie make me want to read that book more and more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yarn is such a cheerful color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie with my daughter-in-law who recommended the book. Movies truly are never as good as the book, but sometimes it can be fun to experience a different interpretation of the story...

    Mary - Hope you will soon find some free time to enjoy the flow of yarn through your fingers! Looking forward to your project updates! BTW, we've got sunshine and warm temps here. Finally! Summer! My garden is enjoying it. :) Blessings back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knitting and crochet are like therapy to me! I love what you have on your needles. Did you finish the last project with the self-striping yarn? I'd love to see pics! I can't wait to see this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean, Sonia. You know, I did finish the project I shared last week and completely forgot about it. I'll be sure to share a picture soon. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for coming by Wild Whispers! The Help was great... I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be interested to know how that yarn knits up. I've used a variety of their sock yarns (which I've been pleased with), but never the lace. Have fun with that project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pattern! So what happens Labor Day?

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie - My married daughter along with her hubby will be here the day before Labor Day to spend a week with us before they fly off to Oxford for three years. I want to finish the scarf in time to send it with her when she goes. :)

    Pamela - The yarn I'm using was recommended for the pattern on the Knit Picks website; I'm eager to get further along to see how it looks myself. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...