Wednesday, September 14, 2011

For today...

Outside my window: It's early and still dark.

I am thinking how quickly the past ten days have gone by.

I am thankful for the past ten days with my grown up girly girl.

From the learning rooms: The Seven Ecumenical Councils -- thanks Dr. Grant; Daniel says, "WOW".

In the kitchen: Coffee (black with just a touch of stevia stirred in).

I am wearing my robe & slippers.

I am creating this post.

I am going to take my daughter & son in law to the airport this morning.

I am wondering how I will keep myself from crying all morning.

I am reading Stacy McDonald's Raising Maidens of Virtue.

I am praying for God's blessings and provision for Jess & Zack as they travel and settle into their new life at Oxford.

I am looking forward to visiting them there, Lord willing. :)

I am hearing Dan's footsteps upstairs (I'm no longer the only one up).

A few plans for the rest of the week are to dive into lessons, catch up on the blog, and post a new item or two on my Etsy.

A picture for thought I am sharing...



The Buhrmaster & Seifert clans gathered last evening to say our good-byes...we love you and will miss you, Jess & Zack!!

11 comments:

  1. Oxford - what an amazing opportunity! Stay calm, I know you will miss them, but with today's technology, I'm sure communication will be frequent :D

    m.b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continuing to pray for you this morning. As you popped into my mind yesterday as I was doing all my projects and teaching and life I lifted you in prayer. I am so curious of what your dd and SIL are going to do in Oxford. Did you post about it before? I do and will pray that you will go see your dear sweet daughter in Oxford. Wouldn't that be a exciting trip?!?

    Sending you a HUGE cyber (((((((((HUG))))))))))
    Blessings in Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for safe travels for your family and praying that a joyous opportunity will arise for you to visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your prayers, friends! Twas an emotional morning, but they're off to begin the next three years of their married adventure together. Mary, my SIL was accepted into Oxford and will be pursuing his D.Phil there! Such an exciting time for them both. :) Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love family photos! It's beautiful to see the amazing gift of love that just grows larger and larger... It really IS amazing. Your family is lovely.

    I haven't mentioned before that I love your ETSY shop. Everything you make is just so. The pictures are classy. Sorry I didn't mention it before... thanks for the reminder! I'll have to take another peek to see what else you got!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. stopped by for a quick visit - know that your daughter and son-in-law will be in my prayers tonight at Adoration for safe travels and easy settling-in time in Merry-Old!
    Also prayers for you - I think it is easier to be the traveller rather than the left-behind-er!
    God's Blessings on all of you
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie - Thanks. And thanks! :)

    Karen - Thanks so much for your prayers!

    Just got an e-mail from my dd; they're settling in and will be blogging soon with pictures; I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by...thanks for stopping by my blog...and I am going to check out your etsy...talented woman!

    Your reading list was great...nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janette, Thanks for the inspiring post! And thanks for visiting. :) Nice to meet you, too.

    Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11/09/2011

    hey lisa its your aunt DOROTHY! Suprise! Good to hear from u.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Dot!! Send me your e-mail address! happyindolevalley@gmail.com

    Would love to get in touch with you. ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...