Friday, September 30, 2011

The fruit of her hands...

There is nothing I desire more than to cultivate in my life the qualities of the Proverbs 31 woman. To do my husband good, to work with my hands, to provide nourishing food for my family, to reach out my hands to the needy, to fear the Lord...

She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands.




She also rises while it is yet night, and provides food for her household.






She considers a field and buys it; from her profits she plants a vineyard.



She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.



Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Without a doubt I have far, far to go, and, of course, it's not all about what we produce with our hands, but I love to keep my hands busy and productive. I love using and improving the gifts the Lord has given me to bless my family and others. And I appreciate and thank the special friends the Lord has brought into my life who inspire me to godliness, to quietness, and to being still. :)

Above all, I am thankful to the Lord who is my strength:

The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
~Psalm 28:7

Muffin and cookie recipes by Kim! Thanks. :)

8 comments:

  1. I liked how you incorporated the photos with some of the verses of Proverbs 31. Everything fit so nicely.

    Your knit work and baked goods look great! You definitely have very talented hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite post so far! The Proverbs 31 woman is at first glance intimidating. But when the Lord tells us that His ways are Peace, and he gives women the Proverbs 31 example... He is not changing His tune. His ways ARE peace.

    And the photos of your abundance... beautiful!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a treat to see all that you have been up to! I love the scripture you chose and it confirmed I am on the right track with the use of my time. I can't wait to hear about your pickles. Did you start them? [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this post has truly touched my heart. It is my ultimate goal to be able to reach this level of contentment!

    Thank you so much for sharing it with me this morning :)

    m.b.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madame - Thanks! It's a joy to share what God is doing in my life. :)
    Debbie - Intimidating, indeed! So glad you liked this post.
    Mary - Pickles today; and yes, you are on the right track!

    Ladies, it was a busy week here in Dole Valley; always is, I guess. But I'm learning to embrace with joy what the Lord has given me to do each day. You are among the special friends I mentioned in my post -- thank you! **smiles** ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, I have far, far to go in my journey of reaching true contentment, but that I am on the path is sufficient for me. :) You, too, are among the friends mentioned in my post -- thanks! ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa I had a light bulb moment! Do you want to exchange two candles for your Green Cotton Cloche you have on Etsy? I was admiring it remember ?!? What do you think??? [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...