Friday, September 23, 2011

To quote a hobbit...

It's Friday morning.

I always try to begin each week with a positive outlook. And let's not forget my trusty to-do list. Being the task-oriented gal that I am, I thoroughly enjoy crossing items off as they're completed -- I smile to myself with a sense of satisfaction -- done!!

However, here it is Friday morning. As I look back over the week and my woefully incomplete to-do list, this quote seems perfectly fitting. Perhaps my list was overly ambitious. Perhaps my time was poorly spent. Perhaps I need to re-prioritize.

What I do know is, and to quote a hobbit:

I feel... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread.
~Bilbo Baggins

Perhaps I need to be still.

Breath. Pray. And give thanks that HIS plans are not my own.

There, that feels much better. Welcome, Friday!

Sorry for the musing...just had to get this out!

4 comments:

  1. and we are here to guide you and love you through it. :)

    My prayer for you today is that Our Lord will give you calmness today. These hours that He has blessed you with...may they be filled with His peace and His love.

    m.b.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Lisa,

    I am right there with you! I started to laugh ( b/c I could relate sooo well) and then started to cry.( b/c I REALLY could relate SO well)

    Yes, I have been constantly making lists each day, cross off what I can, and add more. ((sigh)) I am dreaming of when the snow flies and I can hopefully just sit and knit. ((HUGS))

    I keep telling myself that the busy season will be over and then my son chimes in..." you always seem busy". Hmmmm ((sigh)) Maybe...somehow I need to weed out some more things in my life, but what? Maybe I will have to just keep breathing, and taking one step at a time and just do the best I can and leave the rest to the Lord.

    Thank you my dear friend I needed to know that someone else out there is feeling the same and we can pray for each other. ((HUGS))

    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came again to tell you I linked your post today. [o= ((HUGS))

    Blessings my friend
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa~How perfect to read this today! It's so easy to get overwhelmed! A dear friend once told me that God doesn't "yell" his plans to us...he whispers them quietly in our ear. It's up to us to "quiet" down so that we can hear Him.

    Thank you for the reminder!

    Love the Bilbo Baggins quote!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...