Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Spirit

It's been a while since I joined in with Ginny's "Yarn Along" and figured today was the perfect day to dive back in. :)


A couple weeks ago I shared about the crocheted flowers I've been making and just had to also share the latest additions to my yarn garden. I love the way these holiday blooms turned out, but I wish I knew how to more accurately capture the colors with my camera as the white one is actually more of a creamy ivory.

Christmas Spirit is a collection of joyous stories, carols, feasts, and traditions that includes readings for Advent, recipes, and numerous quotes that our family uses each year as we celebrate the Christmas season. Here's a sample quote from the introduction:
For some of us, reading is a required tradition during the Christmas season. I don't mean ordinary books that we catch up on during the holiday vacation. Rather, we long for an ambiance that evokes the timeless sense of magic and holiness that is often called "the spirit of Christmas." Of course we need to reread the nativity story to savor its pure essence. Yet we hunger for more. With nearly two thousand Christmases behind us, nostalgia must be satiated.

~James S. Bell
I'll be sharing more from this wonderful volume over the next few weeks. In the meantime, what's on your needles or crochet hook? What've you been reading? Leave a comment here or write a blog post and join me over at Ginny's. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love your crochet flowers. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...nostalgia must be satiated. Yes.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden you are growing. I have the same problem with colours especially when I am photographing yarn projects.
    Sounds like a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are beautiful - I had made a couple sets for friends for their children to use to track the Rosary prayers - simple, yet very fun to make!
    Blessings
    Karen
    and thank you for your very kind words over at my 'house'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a pattern for a really cute wreath in one of the crocheting magazines I just picked up. The flowers are similar to these. My plans are to make one and see how it turns out. Just what I need another thing on my list of projects...lol...but I can't resist.

    The book sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...