Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratituesday - Joy!

...Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
~Nehemiah 8:10

I started reading through this little devotional on the topic of joy yesterday morning and have to say that it's just too good not to share. :)



From yesterday's reading...

"...self-surrender always lead to joy. No matter what we give up for the sake of Christ and knowing God better, joy is going to result."

This morning's...

"Joy is the last thing we expect when the fact of our sinfulness penetrates our hearts."

And how can I not also share this old favorite by Twila Paris that's now rolling through my mind...



We each have so much to be thankful for each and every moment of each and every day -- if only we will open our eyes to see how very blessed we are. Take time to count your blessings this week!

Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving!

~Lisa :)

~~~~~~~~~~

For what are you thankful today?

However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts. ~John Calvin

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ~I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers. :)

12 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my family...a gift from God Himself to me; for my home; for being in America...though it is a wicked and sinful nation now, we have it easy in the physical realm compared to most of the world, but I think that will be changing. Even so, I am thankful that God has provided us with His Word, so we can know absolutely what is ahead of us, and how to respond, and know the ultimate joy of being with Christ in glory :-)

    Thank you for this lovely post today!
    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. I'm grateful that the wonderful Advent season follows this season of Thanksgiving...a grateful heart becoming an expectant heart...Come, Lord Jesus!

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Pamela!! ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being thankful - I haven't stopped! :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria! You have so very much for which to be thankful! Praising God along with you! :)

    ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my absolute favorite praise songs! The quotes from the book are beautiful. God's truth is astounding... Until we experience it it's hard to believe. Wishing you much joy this Thanksgiving day Lisa. I'm certainly thankful to have found you!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, Wishing a blessed Thanksgiving to you and your family. What a sweet comment! Thank you. :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very thankful for my SS'sIC that have become such close and dear to me, such kindred spirits! And all the blessings the Lord has given to take care of us. How rich we are even if by the North American standards says we are poor but I know that we are so very blessed and we have a God who takes care of us so well.

    Happy Thanksgiving!


    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, Mary! We are indeed rich! ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to read one of Lydia Brownback's books~ glad to hear that this is good. Maybe I'll start with this one!! Happy Thanksgiving, Lisa!

    Blessings-

    ReplyDelete
  11. And to you, Pamela! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...