Tuesday, December 13, 2011

...and a penny

"...Ma asked if they were sure the stockings were empty. Then they put their hands down inside them, to make sure. And in the very toe of each stocking was a shining bright, new penny! They had never even thought of such a thing as having a penny. Think of having a whole penny for your very own. Think of having a cup and a cake and a stick of candy and a penny." ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

And Laura called that a happy Christmas.

May we each be thankful for the multitude of blessings we enjoy.

Especially the simple ones...just like Laura did.

~~~~~~~~~~

However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts. ~John Calvin

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
 ~I Thessalonians 5:16-18


For what are you thankful today?

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers! Also sharing at Titus 2sday, Teach Me Tuesday, and Far Above Rubies :)

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE Little House books! I had forgotten about the Christmas pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful we have a backup water system. Our main system froze but we still have water. PTL.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really gave me a fresh look on what I am really thankful for and how I am extremely blessed. Thanks for posting about that Mrs. Seifert!
    Love,
    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing more beautiful than focusing on our blessings :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! My daughter found 13 of them beside our car in a pile today, and she was sooo excited that she played with them for the rest of the day. It's truly the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched one of the Little House Christmases yesterday. Oh, the joy found in such simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite books series since I was a girl!
    Amazing how commercialized Christmas has become.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...