Friday, December 16, 2011

Nine hours and counting...

For the past many weeks, amidst celebrating October birthdays, Thanksgiving feasting, my holiday bazaars, homeschooling, and Christmas shopping, I've had the honor of acting as the reception coordinator for a wedding scheduled for 7 p.m. this evening.  My dear husband was hesitant when I told him I was asked by the sweet bride-to-be to do the job since I'd done the same for another young couple in our church several years ago (he remembers how much work it was!).  But I assured him I could handle it. :)  By God's grace, all the details have come together, and I've almost crossed everything off this morning's list.



No, I'm not a caterer. I've never worked for one. I do like to make lists; however, and I have a fantastic group of ladies to help me. I plan to share a few pictures early next week, but in the meantime, if the Lord brings us to mind today, would you join me in praying for all the details to come together smoothly throughout the day and that, above all, God will be glorified!

~Lisa :)

4 comments:

  1. Praying ALL stays physically well,smooth, focused, and happy. Praying blessings on the wedding and all who are in it and who attend it. I can't wait to hear all about it next week. Let me know when you want to skype. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that everything goes smoothly. I know all about putting these kind of events together, and always, I need as many ladies to help as possible.

    Enjoy yourself!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement! The wedding and reception were both beautiful, and other than returning a few borrowed items tomorrow at church, my job is finished. :)

    Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum is a caterer, as well as a teacher! I don't know how she does it. Her business is called, "A Taste of Ireland." I'm glad your job is finished and that everything was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...