Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A lazy day {Gratituesday}

"Mom, I don't feel very well. My stomach feels really icky..."

Thus began what I had planned as a productive "we're going to get so much done" sort of day.

I should know by now that while I may make my plans (and if you know me, you know I most definitely do make plans...), the Lord does indeed direct my steps.

And so...

It's 2:03 p.m. and I've crossed exactly one item off my list for today: Skype w/ Jess :)

All the rest can wait. What's important today is taking care of this cutie:



Who is feeling a little better this afternoon. And her brother who needs my help with some schoolwork.



How nice to slow down and embrace the day as given by the Lord rather than trying to force my agenda. How nice to have a day that had every minute packed full of chores and to-dos turn out to be a rather lazy day.

Join me at Laura's for Gratituesday :)

7 comments:

  1. We did a bunch of that last week when our Big Helper got sick. The interruptions feel crazy at first, but at least the time caring for the sick one is valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am slowly discovering for myself, the Lord's plans are always different from mine. Seems like the Lord's plans for you today was to rest and spend some quality time with your little ones. What a blessing!

    BTW, the photos of your children are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad your "little one" is feeling better

    you are obviously much better at dealing with the Curve Ball from God thing than I am!

    Blessings
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless her heart! Glad she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, friends, for your sweet words and wishes. While I won't say I've enjoyed my daughter being ill, I will say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the slower pace of the past two days. :)

    Blessings in HIM,

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your daughter is feeling better, Lisa. And I need to learn to embrace "unscheduled" days as much as the scheduled ones. :)
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo of Anna is soooo cute!!! I love it! She is such a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...