Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Busy with gratitude...

Beautiful May wildflowers picked by AnnaLynn :)
Been busy lately?

Seems I'm always busy with one thing or another. Don't get me wrong, it's a good busy, to be sure. I truly love the busyness of my daily work as I live out my calling as wife to Dan and mom to my kids.

But sometimes...

I'm tired. I grow weary. I'm not so thankful and can even get a little grumpy. Imagine that! The lady who blogs about being "Happy in Dole Valley" being grumpy, lacking cheerfulness, and finding herself having to fight for joy. Yep, that's me. It happens.

A change in perspective -- recognizing God's mercies -- makes such a huge difference when the day is long, the stacks (of whatever) are high, the to-do list is unending, and weeds of all varieties keep growing, and growing, and growing.
Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. ~Lamentations 3:22-23
I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.  ~Psalm 121:1-2
Been busy lately?
When we recognize God’s mercies, we can only respond with gratitude. And if our eyes are at all open to even a fraction of these mercies, we will be busy being grateful all day long. Imagine the consequences of such a day, busy with gratitude.  ~Nancy Wilson

Keeping busy with gratitude,

~Lisa

I hope your visit to Dole Valley has been a blessing and encouragement--thanks for joining us on our journey! To follow or subscribe, look to the upper right. :)

~~~~~

Join me for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers :)
Sharing with the Gallery of Favorites, Deep Roots at Home and Growing Home

2 comments:

  1. This is such a meaningful and encouraging post. Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, April, for the kind words. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting; your kind thoughts and questions are always welcome. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...